being engaged was such a crazy fun time
especially since i had to do all the planning by myself! my finace at the time was in another state doing his first year of grad school.
funny thing about weddings. you can plan and plan and plan, and snafus will happen. every married person i know, especially the women, can list all the things that 'went wrong' at their ceremony. mine personally?
- the flowers were the wrong color
- the pastor forgot to include the hymn
- my parents were listed as parents of the groom, and his as parents of the bride
- i dropped the base of the candle when we were lighting the unity candle
- i had to bite my tongue cause i almost had a serious fit of giggles.
- all of the groomsmen were in different style of jackets because the tux place messed up
- my brother had to step in as a groomsman, without a tux, wearing his air force dress blues
- my hair refused to curl like i wanted it to
- the lady that hemmed my maid of honor's dress, well, didn't. it was still super long
- and to top it all off, we were late to the church because we got stuck on the way cause we forgot to get gas the night before and the place we stopped didn't take credit cards.
but you know what? i still believe i had a perfect wedding, because at the end of the day the marriage certificate was signed and officiated and we were married, which was the whole point. also, as far as everyone attending that didn't do the planning? they didn't know there were problems, and assumed it went off perfectly.
i know it's rough, but don't stress too much about little things. i used a lot of online places for things, favorfavor.com was one of my favorite for little knickknacks. my mother in law thanked me loudly for not turning into one of those women who acted like the wedding was more important than the marriage. and when the day arrived, everything could have gone wrong and i still would have been happy to claim "just married"... last thing that helped me was: don't stress about "high quality" for stuff that just needs to look pretty for a few hours. why spend 50 dollars for a name brand fancy thing when you can spend 10 for one that looks just as nice? people don't notice the little things like that, all they care about is the dress and "kiss the bride!"
good luck with your planning and your weight loss! enjoy the crazy, and look for good deals!