General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default Menopause or Constipated?

Ok, here is my situation. I have been waiting for my "cycle" TOM to arrive since April 27. No call no show. My stomach is cramping as if my cycle is about to show but nothing. I have been feeling queasy for over a week now. I am 45 years old and I don't know if this is the beginning of menopause or could I be constipated. I felt bloated all day long on yesterday. I had MANY bowel movements on yesterday and I feel a little better but still no cycle. I did a pregnancy test but it was NEGATIVE. Can constipation make you feel sick, cramps, queasy and nauseous? Is it too early for menopause for me?

Last edited by LAgreeneyes; 05-10-2012 at 01:34 PM.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #2  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Are you having night sweats? Hot flashes? Any other symptoms of menopause?

45 years old is not too early; I started peri-menopause when I was about 43 (I'm almost 49 now) but this past year has been MAJORLY different in my cycle, symptoms, etc. I went for 8 months without a period AT ALL, but still suffering some of the symptoms (altho nowhere near as bad as they used to be) ...& then suddenly in April, bled for two weeks straight! Ugh.

And now, here it is "time" for my period again, but no period. However, I am having ALL the symptoms & having them BAD! - cramping, bloating (major bloating!) headachey, backache... mood swings out the wah-zoo!

It's a hellacious thing, being a woman.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Not sure, but I can speak to the nausea: I'm 47 and I have noticed increased nausea with approaching periods and ovulation for the last few years--anytime the hormones are changing. I didn't used to get it at all.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Are you having night sweats? Hot flashes? Any other symptoms of menopause?

45 years old is not too early; I started peri-menopause when I was about 43 (I'm almost 49 now) but this past year has been MAJORLY different in my cycle, symptoms, etc. I went for 8 months without a period AT ALL, but still suffering some of the symptoms (altho nowhere near as bad as they used to be) ...& then suddenly in April, bled for two weeks straight! Ugh.

And now, here it is "time" for my period again, but no period. However, I am having ALL the symptoms & having them BAD! - cramping, bloating (major bloating!) headachey, backache... mood swings out the wah-zoo!

It's a hellacious thing, being a woman.
No, no night sweats and not hot flashes. That is what is confusing me. See the symptoms you just mentioned is what is happening to me. What's wrong with us?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea2 View Post
Not sure, but I can speak to the nausea: I'm 47 and I have noticed increased nausea with approaching periods and ovulation for the last few years--anytime the hormones are changing. I didn't used to get it at all.
Oooooooooooh ok. Nausea nausea nausea. Almost feels like morning sickness, although I never had morning sickness before.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #6  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm 49 and on month 4 with no period but still have all the associated cramps, bloating, crabbiness, etc. At first I thought I freaked my body out by eating too few calories, but I've fixed that so maybe it's just the change brewing. Isn't this fun????????
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha View Post
I'm 49 and on month 4 with no period but still have all the associated cramps, bloating, crabbiness, etc. At first I thought I freaked my body out by eating too few calories, but I've fixed that so maybe it's just the change brewing. Isn't this fun????????
Now I must admit, and I thought I was wacko for thinking this, but I thought the same thing that you did. LOL. I thought that I did something to my body because of my healthy eating habits. I was prepared to fix it by going to get some pizza, cookies and ice cream. LOL Yes, we are having fun. LOL