General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Help me hit on the cute boy at the gym ... :-)

Just a silly little post, but advice is appreciated haha.

I'm pretty outgoing, but am not the best at flirting (particularly in a weird setting like the gym). I got out of a 4 year relationship in November and had a 3 year one before that, so this single thing is new to me.

Anyways, there is this VERY cute boy at the gym. He's adorable and like 6'4" ... I have a thing for guys who are around a foot taller haha, no idea why.

We've been kind of checking each other out every morning ... we are there beginning at 5:45-6:00am and are on the same alternating cardio/lift schedule! At least, I think he's checking me out too, perhaps I'm just staring and he just happens to look my way.

So normally I'd just let it go the way it has been until he spoke to me ... problem is, I'm moving at the end of the month and will be on vacation beginning the 25th. That won't be my gym anymore!

Soooo... I'd appreciate suggestions on how to subtly (or not so subtly, depending on your style) make a move in the next 10 days!

Last edited by LovelyAndLosing; 04-12-2012 at 10:09 AM.
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

If your gym time was later in the day, I'd say ask him to join you for a post work-out smoothie lol.

Since your time is limited, you should say something ASAP. Start up a conversation "I see you here every morning, do you live/work/go to school around here??" type thing. You can sort of gauge his interest from there.....who knows he may be the one to ask you out once you break the ice...

Good Luck!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

"Hi" is the best pickup line! How far are you moving? Are you looking for a date or just a funfling?

My boyfriend and I met because he yelled "HEY COME SIT WITH US" one night, but that was at a bar not the gym.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

How about a cheesy (on purpose) pick-up line?
"Are your feet tired? Cause you been runn'n thru my mind all day!!"

that always makes me laugh
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #5  

Haha love it keep em coming. And *krampus* I'm just moving from Arlington to DC, not a big move ... just big enough to change gyms! Oh and a date would be nice, I'm new to it but having fun with this whole "dating" thing!

Last edited by LovelyAndLosing; 04-12-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

LOL @ Beach patrol - I'm SO going to use that!!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

"If you were in my nose I'd pick you and eat you" - may be too bold.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #8  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I'd just walk up and say hi and then talk about something mutual.. like how you seem to be on the same schedule, or how empty (or busy) the gym is that morning. Just something small to get the conversation rolling. Then, after just ask if he would wants to go for lunch on the weekend. It is perfectly acceptable now a days for a woman to ask out a man.

Plus, if it fails and he says no, you don't have to see him any longer!!! It is a win win

Last edited by Candeka; 04-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It may pay to do a little discreet checking. There are two really cute guys that I see often becuase of their work.I really am not interested in either of them but mentioned to one of their coworkers these two are so cute it makes me wish I were younger. She said they both have girlfriends that they are living with. If I had really been interested in them I would have known to back off.
At a recent barbque a freind of my son's was there, another guest tried his darnedest to pick her up, she laughed and said she would have to get a divorce first. She is married it just happened that her husband didn't come to the barbeque. You never know that peson you think is so cute may have a girlfriend , I'd try to find out , maybe say does your wife come to this gym, that gives him an opportunity to say he is not married, he may even get an idea from your question.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-12-2012 at 03:27 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
I'd just walk up and say hi and then talk about something mutual.. like how you seem to be on the same schedule, or how empty (or busy) the gym is that morning. Just something small to get the conversation rolling. Then, after just ask if he would wants to go for lunch on the weekend. It is perfectly acceptable now a days for a woman to ask out a man.

Plus, if it fails and he says no, you don't have to see him any longer!!! It is a win win
This is true! Not sure if I have the guts to ask him to lunch, but I'll strike up a conversation and casually mention that I'm sad to leave the gym because of the move. THEN ball is in his court, if he is so-inclined, he knows he has a limited time to ask me out.

(talking to him is easier said than done! haha I'll report back when it happens...)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

to me flirting is easier than making friends i dont know why lol. i say keep making eye contact with him and smile. for me i would just go over there and say something stupid like if i say u have big muscles would u give me ur number lol.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote