General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Lululemon.... worth it? :exercise:

I am just curious if anyone here loves lululemon as much as I have heard it raved about by friends and on fb posts! Its almost like a cult following. lol... Anyway I've looked on their website and am thinking about buying a piece as a reward for one of my goals but am curious if it really lives up to all the hype. I usually buy my work out clothes at tj's or marshalls. It is pretty darn expensive for workout gear so I just really want to know peopls thoughts/opinions on it. Thanks guys!
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #2  

Try this thread, see if it helps til you get some "official" responses.

http://="http://www.3fatchicks.com/f...-stylish.html"
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #3  
Just watch me ...

I'm on an austerity plan lately. I do have some of their stuff, which is nice, but I rather spend the money on trying a new hobby, or saving for a trip - something like that. It all wears out eventually, and if you're happy with what you're using now.....
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

hmmmm, is there anywhere you can go to try on an outfit first, like an REI? workout gear is a fickle thing, especially running gear. You could spend hundreds on a piece you *think* will work, and then find out something about the piece pisses you off.. the way it rides up, or is tight round your check or the material doesnt wick and makes you cold, or doesnt breath right and makes you hot... i have HUNDREDS of dollars worth of "glorified pajamas", as i call them. Wore them once to workout, and something annoyed me.. never wore again to work out. I literaly only buy very specific models/styles of brands because they dont piss me off..... and even "trying on" an out fit gives you no indicator of whther or not it wil work out for you....

my 2 cents

Ive heard great things about the brand, but they all cater to specific body types, and are cut differently. I have some lulumon dresses that are adorable and i love.

Checkout Steepandcheap.com. Its a website with ONE thing on sale at a time (for 5~10 minutes) an outrageous deal (95% of, or so) and ive seen lulumon up there. Its a shot in the dark. You never know what is going to be sold when. ive bought ALOT of gear that way. They ony sell outdoor accessories....hiking, camping, rock climbing, skiing, running...... but ive found great deals. You just have to be lucky and be on the website4 when something you want pops up. Ive bought 400-500.00 pieces on sale for 99 bux... a 150 dollar running jacket i got for 15.00..... its worth it.
ALSO, check out backcountry.com. They sell lulumon and have great prices ( alot of last years "models" and is the parent company to steepand cheap
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

lulu is a local company where I live and lots of people wear it. It seems to wear really well and be good quality.

If it motivates you then you should definitly use it for a reward.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

Mk- thanks for that website! I'm definitely going to check it

I'm happy with my gear just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something amazing!

Thanks everyone!
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/233.2/140

Height: 5'7.5"

Everyone in Vancouver wears these yoga pants. Some people swear by them, but for the most part it just seems like a fashion trend. I can't imagine how much better a pair of black stretchy pants has to be to justify the price that lululemon charges for their products, but most of my genuinely active friends will agree that it's almost all for aesthetic value.
viklane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Checkout Steepandcheap.com.
ALSO, check out backcountry.com.
Also sierratradingpost.com and campmor.com.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

A friend of mine swears by their pants, she says she has a pair that sucks in the jigglies and covers cellulite. I can't bring myself to buy a pair because of the price.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/233.2/140

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
A friend of mine swears by their pants, she says she has a pair that sucks in the jigglies and covers cellulite. I can't bring myself to buy a pair because of the price.
FWIW, my friend said the opposite -- she said it was like applying a cheap powder foundation over a face full of wrinkles.
viklane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #11  

I've had two pairs for six years now and I am cruel to them and put them in the dryer (which you are not supposed to do) and they fit like a dream and I even wore them while pregnant. The reason they became so popular is because they make your butt look good. They also hem them for free which is nice.

I have never tried the tops but I have 2 capris, 2 pants, and shorts. The tops are so expensive (like the same price as the pants) so I just can't do it!!!!
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

I have a TON of lululemon... Some I've had for over 10 years, and for that reason and because they're VERY comfortable, it's pretty much the only place I go for my workout wear.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote