General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #1  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Moving House--anyone else?

We are going through an unexpected move, due to my husbands work. It's depressing since we haven't been here 2 years yet and this house and community really fits our family. So, many things we planned on "slowly" working on around the house...now it's rush, rush, rush!

We'll be moving to a bigger city, with bigger city prices, so that depresses me too.

Anyone else going through a move? What stage are you at? Is your house listed? (we are trying for the beginning of June)

We'll have a real estate agent by on Saturday. I'm just trying to take deep breathes and go with the flow---but it's oh so hard. I am grateful that DH will still have a job, but moving was not remotely wished for!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm not going through this now, but did 4.5 years ago and it was soooooooo hard as we had said ENOUGH MOVING... especially ENOUGH CHANGING COMMUNITIES.

My best advice is to fix up, fix up, fix up and declutter. Store stuff in a storage unit to make it look neat and tidy. Nothing on the kitchen counters. No walls of books or music, etc. Basically, try to make it look like a magazine - with flowers. No family photos, no cutesy anything... magazine/hotel feeling. It will sell faster and better and for a higher dollar.

But I so feel you. I was exhausted from fixing the old house and then we bought a fixer up and and then spent MORE time on that. I got ot the point I burned out. We haven't really done anything in 3.5 years now as I just couldn't do it any more. My plan is THIS summer to get most of the rest of it DONE.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #3  
Starting over

Thanks Berryblondeboys,
Last time we moved, our real estate agent paid for the house to be staged and it was awesome!
Yes, decluttering is so important--but I feel like I'm making more of a mess as I organise things!
And the number of kids toys is killing me. Especially the little junky bits and pieces...

This coming year was supposed to be my year to paint. My youngest would be starting school and I'd have time alone....well, I guess I'll be doing that just at a different house. argh.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #4  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I am sending you hugs. I haven't done that in a while but I know how stressful and how much work it is. We moved to a new area closer to my husband's job, and it turned out to be the very best thing we could have done. The area became more beautiful with lots of dedicated green space, trails and parks, additional shops, restaurants, galleries and and theaters, and we we found some amazing friends. Our house value also appreciated significantly.

I am hoping that you love your new community and your new home. Your new city might offer more activities for your family and you could find some great friends!

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

I'm moving but it's just me-going to a bigger city for a job and while I'm excited, I loathe moving. It's just me and I'm going from an apartment to another apartment but it's very stressful. It was kind of last minute and I'm moving in three weeks.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #6  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Yes! Currently in the process of buying a house and slowly boxing up our belongings, slowly but surely. The crap you store !! unbelievable. at least 10 binbags of misc clothing, shoes items in general that won't be coming with us... Sigh I hate moving but I am super excited about having a house to call mine!
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #7  
Starting over

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Real estate agent comes tomorrow so I'll be busy today. Going to get my DH to take down the Christmas lights this evening, LOL. I think I'll drop off a bunch of linens to the SPCA. And get more toys packed away...and taped up so the toys don't escape!

Have a great day!