3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Reward ideas - I don't really like 'things' (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/254353-reward-ideas-i-dont-really-like-things.html)

Anssett 03-06-2012 06:24 PM

Reward ideas - I don't really like 'things'

I like the idea of incentivizing my weight loss with rewards but I don't like shopping and I live below my means so anything I actually need I just buy.

What non-thing incentives have you used? The only other ideas I've had are things like the ballet, symphony, etc.

Maybe a professional photoshoot as a goal reward would be fun.

mammasita 03-06-2012 06:28 PM

Manicure, pedicure, massage to name a few.

Photoshoot also sounds cool. One of mine, and I actually posted this earlier lol, is boudoir photos.

konfyoozed 03-06-2012 07:54 PM

one of my goal weight rewards is a photo shoot with my husband, to sort of hang up with the wedding photos (where i was 270 pounds)... sort of a before and after thing :)

TiffNeedsChange 03-06-2012 08:22 PM

Massage, paraffin wax treatment, salt scrub, weekend vacation, get yourself some potted flowers...

theox 03-06-2012 08:42 PM

Some of my ideas: massages, spa treatments, day trips for hiking or cultural exploration, overnight trips to places I've been wanting to visit, concerts, trips to places around town that I keep saying I should get to but haven't yet. A photoshoot does sound like fun.

krampus 03-07-2012 11:54 AM

A big extravagant vacation - for 2 months, 2 weeks, or 2 hours! I love shopping and things but I get way more mileage out of a trip.

tessendicott 03-07-2012 02:06 PM

I agree with konfyoozed, photo shoots are GREAT rewards! I'm a professional photographer and Mack and I take photos every month or two if we can! It's great to see how far I've come.

I'm treating myself to a vacation to Disney. :)

astrophe 03-07-2012 02:11 PM

Massage.

Child free nap. Getting her a sitter and not having to be woken up every minute to be asked "Are you done napping? Why did the chicken cross the road?" LOL.

Roaming around garden/gourmet food stores because I have garden/cooking hobbies. I don't need to buy anything. I just like the roaming!

Rent a movie.

Visit neat places in town I didn't know about or haven't been to in a while -- museums, gardens, etc.

Schedule time with friends for a good talk -- coffee is just the excuse to gather.

A.

kaplods 03-07-2012 03:06 PM

The rewards I started with, were small ($5 or less) for every 5 lbs I lost. Rewards like magazines, paperback books, itune downloads....

Then I discovered donut beads. Super-cheap versions of the Pandora-style jewelry. I bought a bracelet and started buying beads for every 5 lbs I lost. I was buying them at $2 to $4 a bead on etsy and in gift shops and then I learned that Michael's and JoAnn Fabric both carry versions, and 5 or more beads come on a card for $4 to $6 and they go on sale buy one get one free, or 50% quite frequently.

I have filled one bracelet and started another (20 beads on one bracelet, representing 100 lbs and one bead on the second bracelet).

I don't normally wear jewelry, so it's not the jewelry aspect I love about this, it's the symbolism. I wear the bracelet out to eat, to remind myself why I don't want to "pig out" just because I can. I wear it to my TOPS weight loss meetings." I've considered wearing it every day, but I just forget. Still, I love it, because it's such a tangible reminder of what I've accomplished.

Sakai 03-07-2012 09:17 PM

I'm gonna sound so geeky....but when i work out five days a week...I allow myself to play Video/computer games.
I'm addicted to Sims 3...I'll sits and play all day 8+ hours.
so...I'm only allowed to play if I worked out all week 5+ days...and I'm only allowed to play for half the time i worked out.
So if my time on the treadclimber and pool add up to 8 hours, then I can play for 4 hours.
not always easy.. I most always miss a day during the week. My addiction keep me trying as hard as I can.

sensualappeal 03-11-2012 09:26 PM

I usually reward myself with material things but I also have used a massage or mani/pedi as a reward. Especially massages (and there are so many on deals websites that it doesn't make it feel as guilty for such a splurge)! Also, new hairdo?

You could also make a trip to go somewhere that's more expensive, a museum, theatre, see a show you've been wanting to see.

peachypeg 03-11-2012 10:49 PM

Kaplods......I LOVE your bracelet idea!!! What a lovely reminder when you go out or any time to celebrate your accomplishments!