3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I will not binge tonight. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/254163-i-will-not-binge-tonight.html)

yhahmd 03-03-2012 07:57 PM

I will not binge tonight.

I've been doing really good with exercising, especially since one of the members here introduced me to Walk Away the Pounds, but I'm having a bit of a problem with night time snacking. I try to save around 200 calories until ten at night, because I always get hungry at that time. It's been hard, and yesterday I went over. It could have turned into a binge (2 bowls of cereal, 3 rice krispy bars at 90 cals brought me to 1800), but I was able to go to sleep and forget about it.

I'm eating a little over 1300 calories right now to lose 1lb a week via LIVESTRONG, and I'm making this as sort of a "you've told people you aren't going to, so now you have to stick with it" because that definitely will help me, I know it will, because I don't want to feel like I've messed up, and I don't want people to KNOW I've messed up. Lying just doesn't cut it for me; I'd still feel guilty.

So...yeah. It's 7:54 and I have 355 calories left. I plan on eating a popsicle or two (they come in twos) at 45 calroies, so 45+45=90, I'll have 260 something calories left for an "emergency" and THAT'S IT. I'll just go to bed.

I don't care what they say ,drinking water doesn't "fill me up" at all lol!

Madame Souza 03-03-2012 10:45 PM

Do something with you hands. I don't know what you do with your nights but I watch tv. I find if I keep my hands busy, it helps me not think about snacking. Also, I do embroidery so I don't want to get food crumbs on my work. I signed up for a knitting class next week so I will have something to do when I don't want to embroider. You won't even remember about snacking if you stay busy.
Don't go the popsicle route. It won't fill you up. If you have to snack, you can snack better on fruit or veggies.They will fill you up more then a popsicle. Or try to get some lean protein to hold you until morning.
Stay strong. You can do this.

yhahmd 03-03-2012 11:02 PM

I also spend my evenings watching TV. I don't really know how to do any of that..hmm...maybe I can find a handweight or something like that to keep them busy. Anyway, so far, so good. I did do veggies instead of the popsicles...but...I promised myself if I could wait until 12 (I'll be up late tonight, probably until 4-5AM), I could spend my last 90 calories (99 actually) on a rice krispy treat.

I'm so bad. But hey. It's within my calorie limit, my sugar intake was amazingly low today, I'm PMSING, and I exercised today. And I'll exercise tomorrow. 'S okay.

:D

Riddy 03-03-2012 11:23 PM

Hang in there, girl - you can do it!

You said water doesn't help - have you tried something hot to drink? Decaf coffee, or herb tea, or hot lemonade helps me at night. Picking up the mug, holding it, smelling the drink, all distract me from munching. In fact, I really need to eat another snack, and I keep forgetting to go get it because I've been sipping on a big pan of fresh ginger lime tea all evening. :p

I've also started buying the precut celery sticks. I know they cost more, but having them ready to eat the instant I'm tempted works for me. The crunchiness hits the spot. Sometimes I dip it in salsa.

yhahmd 03-04-2012 04:24 PM

Well...I didn't binge, but I went over my calories. I was so hungry I decided to make a serving size of tuna. That actually helped. So I went over, but I went over with something healthy. Besides, I need to stop thinking anything over is a death sentence, my cals USED to be set at 1400.

So...I caved, but didn't binge. How's that? :/

Riddy 03-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yhahmd (Post 4240527)
Well...I didn't binge, but I went over my calories. I was so hungry I decided to make a serving size of tuna. That actually helped. So I went over, but I went over with something healthy. Besides, I need to stop thinking anything over is a death sentence, my cals USED to be set at 1400.

So...I caved, but didn't binge. How's that? :/

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me!