General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #16  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
I got to watch back-to-back episodes of the first season all in one day last year, and got hooked! Characters are very interesting and the suspense is knuckle-gnawing Terrible what happened with Sophia though I was so hoping she would be found.
I have to say I saw what happened to Sophia coming; it was inevitable with how the show goes. It was rather disappointing, though.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #17  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

OMGGGG I love this show. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

Did anyone read the comics? I have all seven of the big books
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

It is a pretty bad *** show. I think they are running low on budget this season as there aren't a lot of zombies. Plus a friend of mine says he reads the graphic novel and they never stayed at the farm for too long. I hope they move on soon though as the farm thing is getting old.
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #19  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Love this show even though it gives me zombie nightmares sometimes. Finally we got to see Shane and Rick fight! I think that was a long time coming but they picked the worst time for it. I was hoping for a Lori and Andrea fight, too. I can't stand Andrea but that crap from Lori about how she needs to start doing women's work was pissing me off.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Love this show! Darryl is my favorite. I am tiring of Shane's loose cannon act(even though I agree with some of his opinions), and would kind of like to punch Andrea out!
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #21  

Height: 5'5

I love Andrea and Shane. Can't stand Lori. And how on earth Rick is leading anything when he's only been out of a coma for about a month is beyond me.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
It is a pretty bad *** show. I think they are running low on budget this season as there aren't a lot of zombies. Plus a friend of mine says he reads the graphic novel and they never stayed at the farm for too long. I hope they move on soon though as the farm thing is getting old.
This is what my boyfriend was saying. I also read where they go in the comic book after this and I really hope they do, it would be really cool.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #23  

I hope they leave the farm too, they have been there way too long.
They have kind of been all over the place with regards to following the comics - some things they have, and some they really haven't. So it's hard to say. I guess that's probably a good thing though, because you never know what will happen.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #24  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Love this show even though it gives me zombie nightmares sometimes. Finally we got to see Shane and Rick fight! I think that was a long time coming but they picked the worst time for it. I was hoping for a Lori and Andrea fight, too. I can't stand Andrea but that crap from Lori about how she needs to start doing women's work was pissing me off.
OMG that pissed me off too! I wanted to punch Lori in the face for telling Andrea that she needed to let the men do their thing.

Honestly I would probably be in her place, using guns and doing the physical labor.

I was so happy when Rick pummeled Shane, haha. It was a long time overdue.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #25  
Starting again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
OMG that pissed me off too! I wanted to punch Lori in the face for telling Andrea that she needed to let the men do their thing.

Honestly I would probably be in her place, using guns and doing the physical labor.
I know, right? I understand that creating the illusion of normalcy is important, but why does it have to be the women that do it? I would much rather be shooting zombies than washing laundry.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

I love this show and yes I have also read and own all of the 7 hardcovered graphic novels too. I have to say I like Dale, and I think he adds some morality to the element. I do like that the tv show strays from the comic book story but sometimes I am also disappointed.
I detest Shane, he is a neanderthal and Andrea is just too impulsive and a child in a woman's body. She went off on Lori because she is jealous. Andrea wants Shane and knows Shane has a thing for Lori.
Really Shane is strong but he is too reckless to keep around. I am shocked the group does not ask him to leave. He tried to rape Lori, he is a rapist, just because he failed at it. Also he has tried to kill Rick twice, or at least he strongly contemplated the idea. In season one Dale saw Shane pulling a gun on Rick and Shane likely only stopped because he was seen. Also Shane trew a huge wrench at Rick's head in the last episode at the Public Works's scene. Yes they were in a fist fight but damn he went for the kill. And it shows Shane's character or lack of when he thinks Rick left him in the bus, because Shane would have left Rick.
I agree Lori is insipid, she is in the comic book too.
Andrea is not so unstable in the comic books, she is more likeable in the comic.
Shane dies in the comic but I think the show will keep him around because people love drama.
They will leave the farm soon. I think either the gang of the new character Randal will find them and overtake them or a herd of zombies will come. Either way they will be overrun.
I love the new addition of Daryl and I think altough he struggles he is much more humane then Shane.
I meet with friends every Sunday to watch the show and discuss it.
I really wish Andrea and Shane would take off on their own and get eaten. lol
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #27  

Do you guys watch the Talking Dead? If not, you should! They discuss the current episode, and often have cast/crew from the show on.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #28  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLotus View Post
Do you guys watch the Talking Dead? If not, you should! They discuss the current episode, and often have cast/crew from the show on.
I do, and I'm always amazed how many fans don't
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Yes I watch the Talking Dead, sometimes it is great and sometimes annoying, depending on the guests.

RIP Dale. Humanity is dead.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #30  
Starting again

Blah, good riddance. I never liked Dale. But that was Carl's fault that he died. I thought Andrea wasn't allowed in the house anymore?