RUUUBBBYYYYY. Anyone love Ruby (tv show)?

• I know a lot of people think Ruby is annoying because of the way she says certain things and her general enthusiasm, but being from GA myself I'm used to her very unique Southern charm. I personally love her, she is an incredible woman. It makes me SO mad that Style network would take her show off the air and leave shows like America's Next Top Model on (not that I'm not guilty of watching ANTM, I love the photography).
    Ruby has been such an inspiration to so many people. When she started her journey she was over 700 pounds (trust me, it's not hard in Savannah where the pralines taste like a slice of Heaven). She is currently working on getting to goal and is looking great.
  • I had just checked last week to see if her show was coming back, and sadly it is not.
    I read somewhere that she had gained some of her weight back-like 60 lbs or so.
  • Quote: I had just checked last week to see if her show was coming back, and sadly it is not.
    I read somewhere that she had gained some of her weight back-like 60 lbs or so.
    She may have, but in either case, she's still working to get it off. She just recently lost her father and her brother though, so I'd imagine that may have something to do with it.
  • I liked her show a lot more the first season, then it seemed to veer off into a lot more manufactured drama and so on. I just lost interest.
  • I DO LOVE RUBY!!!! she is so comical but her struggle is very easy to empathize with. I can't believe she is not coming back.
  • I just emailed her to see if we could have lunch in the next month or so. If we go, I'll update everyone. <3
  • I have only seen a few episodes, but I really liked Ruby as a person. I will have to pick up her show on Netflix. But that's so cool about meeting up with her, Tess!
  • I'm not a fan, but as I'm among fans I won't details all the reasons I found her and the show annoying because that would just be rude.

I'd never heard of it until people were talking about it here so I caught one episode. It was the one where she found a lot of letters or journals she'd written as a teenager. There was some big secret she couldn't remember. Did they ever reveal what it was? I didn't want to watch another episode but I did want to know what that was about.
  • Quote: I'm not a fan, but as I'm among fans I won't details all the reasons I found her and the show annoying because that would just be rude.

I'd never heard of it until people were talking about it here so I caught one episode. It was the one where she found a lot of letters or journals she'd written as a teenager. There was some big secret she couldn't remember. Did they ever reveal what it was? I didn't want to watch another episode but I did want to know what that was about.
    They were hinting more and more about sexual abuse. I don't remember if they ever came out and said she was abused or not. IMO she was molested and they did all they could to say this without coming out and saying it. That was why I started getting annoyed at the show. It was all about the "secret" that wasn't a secret. It just felt too much like they were stringing viewers along to keep them interested.
  • Huh. So they never said?

I assumed it was either something horrific like abuse (and it's odd that after revealing so much, she would balk at that and you KNOW she had to sign all kinds of disclosure agreements) or it turned out to be totally nothing but it was a good way to amp up the drama for viewers.
  • To be honest, they might have said what the secret was but I wasn't paying close attention. Maybe some of the more hardcore fans can correct me?
  • She's never pinpointed what it was.