General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I finished The Book of Negroes this morning, excellent novel. I am starting The Fault in Our Stars by John Green once I finish up on the computer (in about 5 minutes). Been looking forward to this book for months.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Great thread. I love to read, it is one of my greatest pleasures. I love to read for pleasure and for research.

I am reading Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I have been reading a lot of short listed awards Canadiana books.

I recognize some of the books mentioned above.

I am waiting to borrow IQ 84.

I did not like The Time Traveller's Wife, book or movie.

I am a Stephen King fan. I am waiting for the newest tower series book to arrive.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Okay, I finished 1Q84 and am not impressed. I think the author set it up for a sequel, but it just wasn't that wonderful. An easy read, though, despite it's size.

Then I jumped into a short book by Lisa Gardner. It took less than an hour to read. And it was kind of dumb--I usually like her stories. I have her newest book downloaded, but decided to wait on that and read The Princess Bride. I'm just in the new intro that the author wrote for the 25th anniversary of the movie.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #49  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I just finished reading Tricks and I think Ellen Hopkins might become my new favorite author....I could NOT put that book down.

Read Exposed by Kimberly Marcus in one day, it was a good fast read.

Currently reading Miss Invisible by Laura Jensen Walker. It's good so far but I feel like it's one of those books I have already read a million times. I am enjoying it though.

Next up....Tuesdays with Morrie or Sleeping with Famous Men. I have all kinds of stuff cued up on my Nook.

Anyone want to exchange Nook addresses and be Nook friends to lend books?
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #50  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

NurseMichelle: Ellen Hopkins is one of my fav authors...I read everything by her. Def read her newest, "Triangles." I already lent it to four different people and they all love it. I wish I could lend books, but I have a Kindle!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just started The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and am completely hooked. Next up after that is The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker.
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #52  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoo View Post
I don't usually go crazy for the latest "diet" book but this book was fascinating. The way our society has scientifically changed the very DNA of the foods we eat has affected our health more than anyone could have thought.

After reading this book - twice - I have been wheat-free for two weeks. I am a low-sugar, low-carb type anyway. Most of my nighttime cravings are GONE. Amazing.

If anyone else has read, or plans to read, Wheat Belly, I would love to hear what you think of it!
I'm just reading it now after a little over a month of being completely grain-free and losing weight faster than I've ever managed, and it all makes SO MUCH SENSE now. I originally did the Whole 30 just to jump-start my low carb diet, but I had no idea what a difference taking gluten out of my diet would make.

The book puts everything I'm experiencing into perspective. It's been really educational. I'm also reading The Paleo Solution, but Wheat Belly is wonderful.

As for The Hunger Games, I read the first one and it was okay, but seven chapters into book two and I just don't care about her love life anymore.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-01-2012 at 10:45 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote