3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Home Decor - What's on TOP of your fridge? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/251010-home-decor-whats-top-your-fridge.html)

mammasita 01-20-2012 09:58 AM

Home Decor - What's on TOP of your fridge?

Last night I was in a cleaning mood, re-organizing the freezer, dusting, wiping etc....

Well on top of my fridge were bags of snacks: peanut butter pretzels, pistachios, tortilla chips (I think you get the gist). My problem is not being tempted by these things, because along with the snacks was a nice layer of DUST :shrug: LOL

Anyway, I decided that I would like to add something decorative on top of the appliance - that is not food - but I have no idea what would work or what would be safe.

We don't have to get into color schemes or styles. Any general suggestions are fine with me (I.e. a plant, a statue, a centerpiece...). I can take something I like and run with it to make it fit in style wise. Oh and if this helps any, I have a stainless french door style fridge with the freezer drawer at the bottom.

Thanks!

cherrypie 01-20-2012 10:01 AM

I have baskets full of stuff that usually ends up on the top of the fridge.

Glory87 01-20-2012 10:20 AM

Our lunchboxes.

patchworkpenguin 01-20-2012 10:50 AM

dust, food scale, dog treats, medicine, decorative containers of oatmeal, powdered sugar, and cocoa mix, small cooler for water bottles, empty containers {i could move those}, and extra kitchen towels We have a very small galley kitchen and really need to take advantage of the extra space. Especially to keep things out of the dogs reach.

I like the basket idea. I used to keep a few on top but probably got too much stuff up there so got rid of the baskets,

Mammasita, You have inspired me to clean up there today though!

Riddy 01-20-2012 11:12 AM

My mom keeps her cookbooks there, on a little freestanding bookshelf.

I have "stuff" there - the big soup pot, box of tissues, extra lightbulbs, the thermal coffee carafe. I oughta clean out the laundry room closet and put some of that stuff in there. :-/

caryesings 01-20-2012 12:27 PM

A soup tureen that just takes up too much cupboard space. Looks nice too.

nina125 01-20-2012 12:32 PM

Wine rack.. It if functional as well as decorative

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/...wine-rack.html

graatsia 01-20-2012 12:38 PM

I have quite a low fridge - the top is at the level of my eyes, so I keep a few photos of my travels there. I also have nice chocolate-scented candle on top of my fridge: when I burn it, it actually takes away any chocolate cravings. Funny :D And it smells soooooooo good. And I keep the incense tray there too.

zoritsa 01-20-2012 12:48 PM

I big chili pot and a 12 pack of Coke Zero is on my fridge.Occasionally my binder full of recipes ends up there too.

patchworkpenguin 01-20-2012 01:08 PM

Came back to report that I did clean the fridge top off. There's still a lot of stuff up there but it looks better than it did, and I found a few things that were missing, lol. I put some stuff away elsewhere and got rid of some things also.

Graatsia, interesting about the choc candle. I might have to try that. When people talk about aromatherapy I wonder where the' fried chicken' and 'chocolate cake' candles are, so I'm glad to hear they make chocolate anyway. That might be a mean trick to play on Hubby have the fried chicken candle burning then serve him grilled chicken. :D

ddc 01-20-2012 02:11 PM

Besides the dust: a candle, a small decorative dish, and a photo of me and hubby.

bargoo 01-20-2012 02:30 PM

A basket full of pot holders. An assortment of paper napkins.

d130 01-20-2012 03:45 PM

The counter. I'm in England, so it's a pretty standard arrangement; it's what you would know as a larger dorm fridge, but without the freezer bit.

Rapunzel 01-20-2012 04:52 PM

LoL it's kind of funny you brought this up. This week was the first time in a year....or perhaps ever, since i moved in here....that I cleaned the top of that fridge. Gross, I know. But rest assured, I've officially added it to my weekly cleaning list so it doesn't get out of control again.

I keep two big rubbermaid flour bins up there--one all-purpose and one for bread flour--because I used to bake a lot. Not since I started my diet though. :( Otherwise, we keep a dish up there we use to scoop our dog's food in, and tortilla chips if we have them. Other than that the only random objects that have resided on that dusty apex is the random vase or bottle of liquor. :)

I don't know what I'd put up there for decoration rather than function since I can hardly see up there anyway!

Rainbowgirl 01-20-2012 06:41 PM

Paper, a frisbee, more paper, a large ceramic chicken cookie jar I call Ms Clucky, training bumpers, more paper.. lol