General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #1  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Default Adele!

Hi guys,

I know there has been some chatter about Adele recently already. However, I found a quote from her which makes me like her even more! I have to preface this by saying that I personally think Adele is absolutely stunning. As we know, the media puts so much pressure on celebs to be stick thin. Adele just isn't having it...

‘My life is full of drama and I won’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like. I don’t like going to the gym.

‘I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even if I had a really good figure, I don’t think I’d get my t**s and a** out for no one.

‘I love seeing Lady Gaga’s boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about. I don’t make music for eyes, I make music for ears.’

Whether or not you agree completely with what she said, I think most of us can agree that this is at least a refreshing perspective coming from a celeb.
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #2  

I have loved Adele the moment I heard her on SNL at least 4 years ago. She is just.. amazing. And I don't usually like music.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #3  
banned

Adele is stunning and has killer vocals! Go, Adele! <3
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #4  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

We love Adele too at my house (even if we are rockers ...My 8 yr old daughter summed it up the best. "I love Adele. She sings so amazing and she's got a woman's body...not a stick! She is so beautiful!" I agree.

Plus...how kick a$$ is, "I set fire to the rain..."!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 320/288/165

I love Adele and I agree with 90% of that statement. However, I dont think caring about the way you look is petty. If she is confident about her looks, fine, but to use the word petty to describe caring about ones appearance made me re-think how I see her.

She always looks amazing but other women singing that same tune usually aren't put together, and are a mess, and blame their messiness on the superficiality of caring about the way you look.

She does have an amazing voice; I love that.
Exception is offline   Reply With Quote