General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Digital Drawing Pads - Advice Please

I'm considering a Bamboo Captive or Vis Tablet. Do you use either of those? Do you use something else?

I'm trying to keep it in the $100 range.

I want to pull up my images that I enhance in Paint. Trying to draw with the mouse or the little area on my lap top is getting increasingly annoying. I think using a pen type thing would lessen that frustration.

Thanks for any help or advice.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #2  
In the TARDIS

S/C/G: 368/ticker/168

Height: 6'0"

No matter what the price range, I would only recommend something from WACOM. I do a lot of digital art (when I'm not busy with work or university) and I used to use a brand besides WACOM, and I was never happy with it.

But four or five years ago I bought an Intuos3 as a graduation present to myself and it's amazing. I adore it, so I say to go with the Bamboo if you're not wanting to spend a lot.

(Also, if you've never used a digitizing tablet before, be prepared for some major changes. It's strange to be using a pen while looking at the screen instead of the tablet!)
LaceyCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I second Wacom tablets. I've had mine for five or six years and it works beautifully.

It was a cheap one too. Got it for $80

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

if you'd like, try googling reviews for monoprice tablets. i've had my eyes on those for a while because they seem like a relatively inexpensive alternative to brands like wacom or bamboo (you can get a 10x6.25 tablet for $50-something). it seems they function as well as wacom tablets.
abejune23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going with the Wacom. It seemed to have the highest ratings for the price across the board. Plus the fact that there were many comments on how cheaply made the Vis tablets are and for the same price....... Also, others that are cheaper seem to skip and not draw smoothly.

Thanks again.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote