3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Presents!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/249121-presents.html)

Unna 12-26-2011 09:42 AM

Presents!!

Anyone get any cool presents???

Well, X-mas here is typically about just getting together as a Family and enjoying each other's company. I only get one present from my boyfriend - but that one present is pretty darn cool:

Tickets to a Feist concert in Cologne, Germany in March! The venue is super small and intimate. Of course he also gifted me a copy of the new CD. It is SO good.

I can't wait to download the cd onto my ipod and jog to it - it is sort of mesmerizing.

Did anyone else get anything unexpected/ cool??

retrogirl 12-26-2011 10:08 AM

During xmas dinner my dad told me there's a box of my old toys somewhere above the garage! Not really a gift, but I'm excited to see what's there.
Fingers crossed for awesome 80's and 90's toys. I remember having loads of Barbie, My Little Pony and such.

IsobelRose22 12-26-2011 10:54 AM

Well, I've been with my new boyfriend for 4weeks now and as we haven't been together that long, we agreed that we wouldn't buy presents, instead we'd go and do something together. On christmas eve he hands me a bag from a jewellary shop, and says that he saw it and wanted to get it for me. I open it on christmas day and inside was the most beautiful pendant, simple but striking which is me all over.

CanadianCutie 12-26-2011 11:01 AM

My fiance's Sister and his nieces and nephew went to Build A Bear Workshop, and made me a cat. It is so cute and cuddly. And my fiance got me a charm bracelet and a pair of beautiful earrings.

mammasita 12-26-2011 11:13 AM

I've been fawning over black diamonds for a few months now. My boyfriend got me an amazingly beautiful white and black diamond ring. I love it!

theox 12-26-2011 05:09 PM

My parents gave me a big tupperware-type container (and threw in a 1/2 batch of their chili :drool:) and a grocery store gift card. Both of those will come in handy. They gave me a few other things too, but I mainly just enjoyed getting to spend time with them.

Ookpik 12-26-2011 07:15 PM

My nieces gave me a gift card for Reitman's for $40. Reitman's is having a 70% off Boxing Week sale right now, so I can go get some nice clothes this week for school, which starts again in a few weeks. I wasn't expecting that, but certainly appreciate it. I also got a beautiful Labradorite inuksuk necklace from my brother and sister-in-law.

Santa was quite good to me as well, I got a trip to Las Vegas for midterm break in February! It wasn't unexpected however, as I am Santa in my house!

juliana77 12-26-2011 09:44 PM

My sister got me a (Mr. Coffee) Keurig coffee maker! I have wanted one for a while and it is just perfect for one person. They also got me the reusable pod so I can use regular coffee in it. My son got me a bagel slicer (with Grandma's help - he is 8) because he has a bagel for breakfast a few times a week and I always complain about slicing them.

The favorite gift I GAVE was to my 2yo nephew - a kiddie digital camera. He absolutely loves it and has taken hundreds of pictures... mostly of walls, still working on the aiming part, but he is hilarious.

indiblue 12-26-2011 10:01 PM

Among other things, my mom sent me a tiny little Mason jar drinking glass with Linus and Snoopy on it. I grew up loving Peanuts comics and have the same picture of Linus and Snoopy on a coffee mug I use every day that my mom bought me a few years back.

It was just a small stocking stuffer but it meant so much to me. I live halfway across the world and didn't get to see my family for Christmas this year (or last). Having a piece that my mom found, probably at some small antique or thrift store, that reminds me of my childhood is just so touching. I'm getting a bit chocked up just writing this!

I don't get all the complaints people have about bad Christmas gifts... it really is about the love they put behind the presents and getting to spend time with them. It's nice to see all the happy posts here about the touching and thoughtful gifts/experiences people received this holiday :)

theox 12-26-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ookpik (Post 4146725)
Santa was quite good to me as well, I got a trip to Las Vegas for midterm break in February! It wasn't unexpected however, as I am Santa in my house!

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliana77 (Post 4146781)
The favorite gift I GAVE was to my 2yo nephew - a kiddie digital camera. He absolutely loves it and has taken hundreds of pictures... mostly of walls, still working on the aiming part, but he is hilarious.

What a wonderful present!

chickadee32 12-27-2011 02:19 AM

I gave a great gift that I got to enjoy as well. :D We normally visit my family for Christmas, but since we couldn't travel this year I got us tickets for a football game on Christmas Eve day. The tickets came with a parking pass for a lot that was literally a few rows from the stadium so getting in and out was a breeze, and we sat in the front row of a climate-controlled suite and watched our home team lose. :lol: Neither of us ever really watch football and so we were dependent on the cheers or jeers of the crowd to tell us what was going on most of the time, but we had a blast! It was just something fun and different to do together since we couldn't be with family for the holidays this year.

Sinoia 12-27-2011 04:56 AM

My partner got me Star Wars; the old Republic MMORPG =) That takes care of the whole year!

sontaikle 12-27-2011 08:07 AM

Sonic Generations from my fiancée. Running through 3D Green Hill Zone? Yes please </nerd>

ICUwishing 12-27-2011 10:27 PM

Spouse got me a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad to make posting on 3FC easier! :D

serendipity907 12-28-2011 12:02 PM

I was gifted some really pretty scented candles in beautiful jars, some smellies and make up, and a DVD of Merlin s1-3 :D I really loved everything, but as I'm no longer a child I definitely prefer giving my friends and family their presents, especially this year as I'd found really ideal gifts for them!

I received some money also, so I did a little post-Christmas splurge and got myself a Clarisonic Mia, after years of longing for one :-)