General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #16  
is chubby

There is no law for men to be the ones to do the asking.
It is perfectly fine to call him or facebook him and just ask him out for a drink or something funny like a roadtrip or a movie.
If you have a few friendly dates alone together you'll surely find out if there is chemistry
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Since you asked where our personal line is, I will be honest - for me, I won't ask a guy out. Of course, I'm married now so it's kind of beside the point but for me, if a guy isn't interested enough to ask me out, he's just not interested enough period.

First, I don't want to be the one making all the moves. Nothing against shy people, but I want a guy to be interested enough to ask me for coffee, you know? Second, I don't want to be that girl chasing some guy who isn't into me so I would spend a LOT of time being all angsty - did he say yes to be nice? Did he say no because he's busy? Should I ask again? Now that I've made the first move, is he going to expect me to make all of them? If he doesn't call, is it because he's not interested or because he expects me to because I did the first time. I would wear myself out (and bore my friends to tears).

There is nothing wrong with women asking men out and you should ABSOLUTELY do what you're comfortable with. All the best to you.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #18  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
So when DO you throw in the towel when it comes to flirting with a man without him asking you out?
Well, I used to wait in high school and not get much result. Frustrating.

In college, I just started doing the asking. I still got asked out, but with me ALSO asking others too, I was going out with more people more often. Since I wanted to be out meeting new people this was fine and dandy with me!

It's only a date, not a marriage proposal. Saying something like "How about a coffee date sometime?" isn't a biggie.

And if they say yes, great, on to coffee! If not then I can move on and not be left wondering. So that's progress too.

A

Last edited by astrophe; 12-19-2011 at 10:19 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote