General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Im getting Married :)

My BF propesed about 10days ago and its really been all systems go and wanted to share my news .........im so happy

We were planning to get married in a year , but due to finances we have had to put it back to may2013 so aporx 18months we have to wait and cant book anything untill april2012 as we want to get married abroad. Im going mad already

Sooo just wanted also to hear your wedding stories

How long did it take you to plan?
How did you marry/or are going to marry?
How did you distract yourself from the excitement, when there was months to go, haha?

Supose i have pleanty time to get the weight off lol

Last edited by lucky8; 10-25-2011 at 11:27 AM.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

CONGRATS!!!! that's so exciting!

My boyfriend proposed back in July and we have no immediate plans to get married. We're both still trying to save up enough money. I'm working full time, he's working part time.

We're hoping to get married in 2-3 years, closer to 2 if we can.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
CONGRATS!!!! that's so exciting!

My boyfriend proposed back in July and we have no immediate plans to get married. We're both still trying to save up enough money. I'm working full time, he's working part time.

We're hoping to get married in 2-3 years, closer to 2 if we can.
awww thats lovely congrats to you too.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

My brother just got married on October 8th. See here: amandapatrice.com (Brandon and Michelle). They were engaged on December 8th-ish, 2009, so it was a 22 month engagement. And it flew by! Can't believe it's over, but it was a blast.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Last edited by ade903; 10-25-2011 at 01:45 PM.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Congratulations!!! I just got engaged in June. Our wedding will be October 2012. I have found it's NEVER too early to start planning- a lot of places we wanted were already booked by the time we started calling, a year out!

That said, a friend of mine once told me, "Wedding planning is crazy as it is. So either you're crazy for a year-long engagement or you're crazy for a two-month engagement. Take your pick."

My fiance and I are pretty chill and practical and refuse to expend any sort of anxiety or stress over planning. It will be a fun day with friends and family, regardless of what happens. What's important at the end of the day is we'll be married

Have fun with planning! And congrats again!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #6  

Husband proposed January of this year. We got married the next month (LOL). But we planned a "real" wedding for the family and did it all over again in August. Then we got orders for Japan.

Now we are in Okinawa, and we havent made plans for a honeymoon. Hopefully soon!!

Dont stress too much. We were budgeting for our wedding, so we ended up getting most of our wedding stuff on Craigslist. A lot of people get married and sell their things that they used.

Our wedding turned out great, even though it was only planned in a few months.
Laydeitrippstuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! I was in my early 40s and pregnant when my husband and I decided to get married. Not especially romantic -- I called him to tell him when things were available and that if we were going to get married I wanted to do it before I was mammothly pregnant.

We planned our wedding in about a month and it was wonderful. I used to dream of a much different wedding when I was younger, but the wedding I had turned out to be just what I wanted -- dear family and friends from all over, beautiful music and wonderful food.

I will say this -- I wish we had a videographer, because I would love to show our son. Other than that, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Enjoy!
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

Congrats! Where are you planning to get married then?

It took about 9 months to plan, though it was all pretty much sorted in 3-4 months. The rest was just waiting for things to happen - sent invites, pick out food, that sort of thing.

We married what you would consider abroad, but I would consider home. We married on a beach in Florida, and then I moved to the UK to be with my hubby. We picked that beach because we had many happy memories of time spent on it, and the fact that they had BBQ facilities!

I was busy sorting out my life in the States before moving to the UK, so that kept me quite busy, as well as trying to make sure I had a small nest egg to cover my bills when I landed in case I didn't find a job that quickly. The rest of the time, I just spent chilling with friends and living my life.

We did a cheap wedding as well, with a bbq on the beach for the reception and drinks afterward at an Irish bar on the beach. My dress was from Ebay, and DH wore a suit he already owned. We still had the usual trappings of weddings, so flowers for both, tablecloths and all that jazz, we just did it as cheaply as possible and got whatever we could from thrift stores/charity shops.
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We decided for a quick engagement. We were engaged and then 4 months later got married. I have to say I don't envy you as I was glad to get everything done and not have a year of planning.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #10  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by d130 View Post
Congrats! Where are you planning to get married then?

It took about 9 months to plan, though it was all pretty much sorted in 3-4 months. The rest was just waiting for things to happen - sent invites, pick out food, that sort of thing.

We married what you would consider abroad, but I would consider home. We married on a beach in Florida, and then I moved to the UK to be with my hubby. We picked that beach because we had many happy memories of time spent on it, and the fact that they had BBQ facilities!

I was busy sorting out my life in the States before moving to the UK, so that kept me quite busy, as well as trying to make sure I had a small nest egg to cover my bills when I landed in case I didn't find a job that quickly. The rest of the time, I just spent chilling with friends and living my life.

We did a cheap wedding as well, with a bbq on the beach for the reception and drinks afterward at an Irish bar on the beach. My dress was from Ebay, and DH wore a suit he already owned. We still had the usual trappings of weddings, so flowers for both, tablecloths and all that jazz, we just did it as cheaply as possible and got whatever we could from thrift stores/charity shops.

We are planning to get married in Paphos, Cyprus your wedding sounds amazing
Old 10-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #11  
Amazing will be me

thank you all for your fab stories i love reading them
Old 10-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I don't really have a wedding story to share as we discussed it, decided it made sense and went to the Justice of the Peace, did it and I went back to work.

But congratulations on your big news! I'm sure once you get down to planning it'll fly. You'll think about it in terms of "I need to do this, then this and this" so it'll keep most of the excitement and jitters at bay until the big day is around the corner.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I had a 16 month engagement....My (at the time) boyfriend of 4 years and 8 months asked me "Will you be my wife?" on Christmas morning 2009 I had said that we would wait until Summer of 2011 but he didn't want to wait that long.....Being a teacher I didn't want to take time off for a honeymoon. I also didn't want to plan a wedding in less than 7 months! I compromised for April 16, 2011 I loved the planning....and sometimes really miss it I found a beautiful place to get married....and old house/farm type area that used to be a dairy farm. We were supposed to get married at the gazebo outside and have the reception in the HUGE tent outside. Food would be set up inside. It didn't turn out like planned....But....I wouldn't change a thing We actually had horrible storms all day (back home about 30 miles away we even had tornados...some guests were late because of a downed tree in their driveway!). We ended up having the ceremony AND reception under the tent. It was still a beautiful wedding...and thankfully my uncle set up his video camera up front so that it got the whole thing even over the rain). The sun came out during the reception and we got BEAUTIFUL pictures outside in the gardens!! Don't panic if something doesn't go exactly how you want it or expect it to! The most important part of it is that you both are there and say the magic words!! http://www.photoreflect.com/store/th...aspx?e=7990431 If that works it's my wedding pictures *I loved my photographers!*
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #14  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

That is fantastic! Congratulations!!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #15  

Wow so many bride to be's here on 3FC, congrats to everyone who is engaged and planning a wedding, especially to the OP!

My husband and I got married last August after dating for 1 year and 2 months (that includes a 4 month engagement).

Planning wise, I had to have most of it figured out pretty quickly since we got engaged in April and were going to have an August wedding. The major things I had them planned and booked within 2 weeks of being engaged and worked out all the details later. My husband is military and we were long distance so I had to plan everything on my own pretty much. We got married in California and right after the wedding, I packed up and moved across country to North Carolina with my husband!

I really didn't need to find distractions because I was already distracted. I was working full time, finishing my last semester at the university and planning a wedding. Boy was I exhausted! But everything was so worth it in the end.

My word of advice: Not everything will go perfectly and smoothly but in the end you'll still be married to him and that's all that matters!
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote