General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Default What should I say to him?

I have a guy friend who's afraid to get in a relationship.

He's been dating this girl for about six months now and I can tell how he talks about her that he might just be in love with her. I ask him why he's so scared to make it official and be in a relationship with her, and he says because he's scared of breaking up.

All of his break ups have been pretty terrible and I understand it... I just hate seeing him keeping himself from being with THE ONE.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It seems to me he is in a relationship with her. How does his girlfriend feel , is she content with the way things are, now? By the way 6 months isn't really that long.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #3  

They aren't together. He considers himself single, and she's always asking him to make it official.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #4  

And I think six months is extremely long to be only dating.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #5  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I went out with a guy like that. For 7 months, it wasn't "official" but I met his mom, his daughter (several times), his friends, we spent weekends together, new year's eve together (out of state, i might add) & I saw him most nights of the week. Still though, he couldn't "commit" & wanted to see other people. Finally I told him, as much as I liked him, it hurt me too much to be with him without a commitment & I let him go. It sucked. I really liked him, and he really liked me & we could have stayed together but I just couldn't with him wanting to see other people. Just not for me.

I was with a guy friend a few weeks after that and I ran into him at a bar. He was shocked I was with someone. And I got a few emails right after that from him asking who he was, and was I trying to make him jealous, etc. Guess he didn't like getting what he'd been giving me. Oh well.

The point, I think is that if he's not willing to risk his heart in that (or any) relationship, he might not realize what he has until she's gone. And by then, it's usually too late. It was for me anyway. Best of luck to your friend.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote