General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #1  

Default My glass is half full...

I'm having one of those weeks. So I need to remind myself that there are good, smart people in my life. It is not my place or my job to fix people or give unsolicited advice (big problem for me).

-My kids have had a great week

-My exercise & diet has been off, but I'll be on track tomorrow

-I really am making progress in my life, even if it isn't showing on the scale right now

-We (my family) are working towards making things better

This ^ is my glass half full. Anyone want to share what is filling their glass?
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

--I went to the gym today after a week's hiatus (cold plus other stuff)
--I went to knitting event at the NYPL, was a gorgeous day and a fun thing to do (got to sit in the park for a while as well)
--went back to church after not being able to go a couple of Sundays, enjoyed that
--a local women's shelter had a fire, we donated a little to help them rebuild (they have housing facilities for single mothers, and the holidays are just around the corner)
--I'm making a concerted effort to focus on the things that make me happy, and not dwell on what makes me anxious and worried
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #3  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogirl008 View Post
It is not my place or my job to fix people or give unsolicited advice (big problem for me).
I hear ya on that one. I was just saying last week to my coworker that I've been doing a great job not volunteering to do other people's work, or remind people of what they're supposed to be doing, or following up on things to be done that ultimately involve me, and not trying to anticipate the next step in any process. Its a lot more sane when I mind my own business. If it isn't important to someone else, someone who is actually responsible for the work and the reward, then it isn't important to me.

I'm a helper and a giver, and its hard to take a step back, but for my own sanity, I'm glad I recognized that I don't need to be "the fixer."

Is my glass half full? I don't know, but I am trying to make lemonade out of lemons after a very stressful 10 months both physically, in my husband's health, in my job, in our finances and in our home, which is now for sale. I'm trying to see the good in all of it, and I do believe I've got the lemonade recipe handy!

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 10-16-2011 at 07:09 PM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I'm REALLY into gratitude. I usually think of things I'm grateful for when walking home from a run. It makes such a HUGE difference.

Here is my stuff....

-After a few days off plan (and a 2 pound gain) I re-caught up with my ticker weight today.

-I dragged myself out running for the third time in a row after taking 1-2 weeks off.

-The weather today was amazing

-I finally landed a job (one related to my career goals at that), after being unemployed since January. The job isn't perfect but it's a HUGE step in the right direction. I also got through all the preliminary paperwork and testing and became active on Friday.

-I slept in and had the house to myself today.

-My mood today is really high

Last edited by Scarlett; 10-16-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #5  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
-I finally landed a job (one related to my career goals at that), after being unemployed since January. The job isn't perfect but it's a HUGE step in the right direction. I also got through all the preliminary paperwork and testing and became active on Friday.
major congratulations!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #6  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

- I have a job
- My kids are healthy
-My husband is wonderfully supportive
- We all have food to eat
- I have the luxury of being really bummed out by a problem that pales in comparison to anyone experiencing REAL suffering

Sometimes, it's hard to be grateful when life throws you a major curve ball -THANKS FOR THIS THREAD
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #7  

Wow. A week later, reading all your posts really helped me to find more gratitude in my own life! New jobs and a fire at a women's shelter... there is much to be thankful for.

This week, for me~

-I'm OP with exercise, almost there with the calories
-Keeping to my schedule, which is crazy as h*ll this week
-Had great quality time with my grandmother (love her so much)
-Down a lb!
-Loving the fall weather!

Hope you all are doing well, too!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #8  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

-- I have two wonderful kids who are growing up into fine young teens.
-- I have a husband who works hard and is devoted to his family.
-- I live in the best city in America.
-- I have a great church community and loyal, supportive friends.
-- I have a great relationship with both my mom AND with my mother-in-law.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #9  
Never surrender

I found out today that they've raised a couple of thousand dollars from our parish alone. Right after the fire, the shelter workers got food and prepared meals however they could and handed them out from the front sidewalk, since people and families depend on them to eat.

you hear a lot about the selfish, bad things people do, but there's good stuff out there too.