General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default What's your *cool story* injury-wise?

I was stepping out my front door today and twisted my ankle and heard a loud POP followed by excrutiating pain. Trip to the doc says a mild sprain with partially torn ligament. I'm 37 and this is the first time I've ever hurt myself this badly. :facepalm:

I was complaining at work that I can't even say I got hurt dancing, or falling off a horse, etc. etc.

What's your coolest injury?

Last edited by goodforme; 11-01-2011 at 04:40 PM.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #2  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

LOL, I don't have a "cool" injury. The only time I hurt my knee, I was stepping out my front door as well.

Guess we shouldn't have left the house?
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #3  
Just Jen

S/C/G: 220/tracker/150

Height: 5"3

Well, this happened when I was in grade 5..so a while ago, but still. I was playing soccer (the only one of 2 girls) who played with the boys from grade 5 and 6 at lunch hour...and the ball was about 15ft in front of me, so I took of racing to get it, got to it, kicked it as hard as I could, and the biggest guy in grade 6 was running for it too, but didn't stop after I kicked it, so slammed right into me, full force. I flew backwards, and for some reason my left arm was behind my back, and I landed right down on it..Broke my wrist and arm in three places. It was pretty cool, cause for one, all the guys commented on my "awesome superman fly backwards" for weeks afterwards, and teachers took pity on me and gave me less homework for the month. So yeah, it was pretty "cool" but still hurt like crazy! But the way I see it...I got to that ball first, lol..and that's what was important to me. Haha.
boardriider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/220/189

Height: 6'1"

I had a 1300 pound horse to fall on me. No broken bones but could not run without pain for almost a year. Lesser men would have died!! HaHa.
crainjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I just had a neck strain that caused daily all day headaches from doing crunches!!!! Took me out of exercise for 3 weeks to allow it to heal - a neck strain???? Only me!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #6  

Hrm.. I'm 26 and still have a small little rock stuck in the heel of my palm from when I flew off my bike at age 5 and used my face as a brake on pavement. Lip was stuck out about 3 inches for several weeks, multiple cuts and bruises all over my face and hands.

When I was 9, I fell 12 ft face first onto cement at my grandparent's cabin. A trip to the ER (across the lake and an hour into town) proved nothing but a bruise to the knee.

Other than that, can't think of anything. Been bucked off horses, fallen off, stepped on, bitten, had a roof of a barn addition collapse underneath me when I was 12, but no big injuries. Never broke anything (yet) and hope I never ever do.

I did severely injure the ligaments in my knee one year from trying to kick a soccer ball while it was sitting still. We had to run up to it and kick it. Needless to say, I missed and spun around on one knee, with that foot not moving direction. That hurt.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/159/140

When I was about 4 I broke my right leg from jumping on the bed. The funny part was that my Aunt that was babysitting me when it happened told my parents that she was holding me and dropped me
mistyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

Yes it happens! This is funny! Reminds me of last week when I strained my neck reading Game of Thrones (800+ pages). I just couldn't put it down, it's so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, I just had a neck strain that caused daily all day headaches from doing crunches!!!! Took me out of exercise for 3 weeks to allow it to heal - a neck strain???? Only me!
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

All your stories make me say OUCH!! Hope we all get better at being careful. It seems as I age I get more clumsy instead of less. . .
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #10  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

I have arthritis in my back (and other various places by nature) and scoliosis in my neck after an old car accident. Almost 18 months ago, I had to lay in bed for 2 months during a pregnancy. After my stint on bedrest, it literally hurt my legs to walk from the hospital to the car. I set my sights on being much stronger at the one year mark b/c I knew it wouldn't happen immediately and I'd have to start from scratch and I did at 246 pounds. Today I weigh 197 and can do over an hour of cardio. I am winning and am determined to get my body into the best shape possible. I don't always lose pounds but I am still losing inches and am really liking what I see. I am looking pretty good, even if I do say so myself!

I find it true that "the journey of a 1,000 miles begins with a single step." I am inspired by those who've lost weight and look great and also by the people brave enough to take on losing large amounts of weight. Our bodies are amazing machines that want to be healthy. My pain will never go away completely but that's ok b/c I have made such great improvements that it's much better than it used to be and there's reason to believe it might still improve more.

Last edited by 4star; 11-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #11  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

In 3rd grade I was at a roller rink with my girl scout troop. Some girl didn't like me, so she pushed me down and ended up roller skating over my wrist and breaking it. I got a hot pink cast. :-) (I broke the same wrist 3 other times, but not in such an exciting manner)

I was about 12 and was riding my bike down this big hill across the street from our house, going pretty fast, I t-boned my brother's friend on his bike. He fell over the bikes landed on top of him, I flew over the handle bars of my bike and hit a tree about 10 feet away. Luckily only suffered minor scrapes and bruises, but got the wind knocked out of me pretty good. My siblings say it was pretty cool to watch me flying through the air.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #12  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

When I was 3 yrs old, I was playing behind the wheel of my uncle's car. He started to back up and ran over my head. I have about an inch long scar on the right side of my head, (hair doesn't grow there so it's easy to spot if you look for it) a small one in the middle of my forehead, and a tiny scar near my left eye. The doctor said it was a miracle I wasn't killed. They did say I had an awesome set of lungs tho =)

Last edited by kimicat76; 11-02-2011 at 12:13 PM.
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #13  
IATEJEN

S/C/G: 172.5/ticker/140

I've got a long list of injury stories. But the best two are...

When I was 25, I dislocated my knee dancing on a table during a cruise. We were in really rough waters and the boat pitched one way while my knee went the other. It was the last night aboard and I was unable to get any medical assistance because they had packed everything away. So, I went through customs the next morning, using my suitcase as a crutch. Try explaining that one to your boss as to why you will be gone on your vacation for an extra day. LOL

The best one though, is - Labor Day weekend of this year, we went out to the lake with my boyfriend's family for the day. We were all out in the water, relaxing and soaking up the sun. I had nearly fallen asleep on my floatie while my boyfriend's stepdad was on the boat, tossing beers out to those that wanted one. He sent a Coors (seriously, a Coors) fliyng through the air to my boyfriend and missed him completely - slamming me in the face. It split my eyebrow open, cut me below my eye, swelled the entire side of my face, and shattered my favorite pair of sunglasses. The kicker is that my boyfriend had planned to propose that night and was furious with his step-dad for "breaking me" vefore the big night. He still went on with the proposal that night and we had a great story for my family who is all far away.
iatejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

iatejen, You have the coolest injury story ever! I bet you have great engagement pictures.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I broke my foot on a slide at Discovery Zone when I was a kid.
I snapped the tendon in the arch of my foot by falling off the front porch. A rain gutter fell on my nose and broke it. I have a bone that sticks out on one side and a huge scar from it. I also flew off my bike and have a scar on my chin from slamming my face into the curb.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote