General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #1  
banned

Unhappy BAD gas after drinking milk

Warning: this might be a bit tmi.

Okay, I forgot today that I'm mildly lactose intolerant, and I had some cereal in milk. I usually only drink almond or coconut milk, but it's all we had. This was several hours ago, and I've had the worst, foul-smelling gas. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it, or should I just go to bed? lol.

I just forgot, because I can eat cheese and yogurt. Is it normal for lactose intolerant individuals to be able to eat cheese and yogurt, but not be able to drink milk? Oddly enough, I can eat ben and jerry's ice cream, and it doesn't bother me, but other brands of ice cream seem to if I eat too much. Also, when milk's used in a recipe it doesn't seem to bother me, either.

Seriously, though, I'm cutting dairy milk out completely. I never cared for it much, anyway. And I hate feeling all bloated and crampy.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #2  
banned

Thankfully I'm feeling better, but I will CUT dairy milk, and limit my cheese intake. My yogurt is fine, since I only have it a couple of times a week, and not every day.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Yes it's true lactose intolerant people can have an easier time processing cheese and yogurt... I can't drink milk but I eat cheese (in the process of cutting it out from my foods) and just started eating greek yogurt... I think it all depends on the person.

Last edited by liliesinmycereal; 10-13-2011 at 07:04 AM.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/179/140

Height: 5'7

I've found that unhomogenized (but still pasteurized) milk is a lot easier for me to digest. We get ours from a local dairy. It tastes so much better than "regular" milk You can always skim the cream off the top to reduce the fat content...
murfcat is offline   Reply With Quote