3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   so what new shows do you like..or not (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/244465-so-what-new-shows-do-you-like-not.html)

jules1216 10-03-2011 08:31 PM

so what new shows do you like..or not

I am liking Homeland, Two Broke Girls, Person of Intrerest, Revenge, Prime Suspect

The New Girl is growing on me...

wanted Up All Night with Cristina Appelgate to be alot funnier than it really is...WHitney was just bad...

booskibabe 10-03-2011 10:23 PM

Person of Interest, Unforgettable, Hart of Dixie, Suburgatory.

I watched Ringer once but wasn't crazy about it.

I agree with you about New Girl, I think it has some potential. It will be interesting to see how they all shake out.

Tai 10-03-2011 10:33 PM

So disappointed with Up All Night and Whitney; was looking forward to them both!

The only show that I really enjoy is Mike and Molly, but it's not new. I'm also looking forward to Top Chef starting in November!

Missy Krissy 10-03-2011 10:36 PM

How about Pan Am? I think it has potential, but watching all the super skinny flight attendants kind of did a number on my self esteem...

goreplz 10-04-2011 01:57 AM

I am giving The Playboy Club a try.
As always, Modern Family.
The X-Factor.
The New Girl is cute.
Terra-Nova was better than expected as well.
My favorite show *points to icon* just had it's season finale this past weekend. I need something.

Rainbowgirl 10-04-2011 04:05 AM

I'm really liking Person of Interest and Prime Suspect. :)

Beach Patrol 10-04-2011 07:34 AM

I'm really digging Person of Interest (LOVE Jim Caviezel!!!!!!! and so good to see Michael Emerson on the screen again!!!)

Also, I started watching The Secret Circle, and other than CW's total teenage-aimed audience, it's pretty good too. And I really am liking Ringer. Good unfolding mystery there, and of course I'm a Buffy fan, so it's fun to see SMG on screen again, as well. I really haven't tried any other new shows.

As for returning shows, I love Vampire Diaries, Bones, Criminal Minds, Fringe, and I'm all about True Blood, Dexter, Spartacus, and other HBO/Showtime/Starz shows.

But I really try to not watch too much TV. My butt doesn't appreciate it that much. :rofl:

4myloves 10-04-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy Krissy (Post 4058012)
How about Pan Am? I think it has potential, but watching all the super skinny flight attendants kind of did a number on my self esteem...

That's really how things were back then!

I work for the Dept. of Agriculture & one of the ladies who's been with my agency for close to 30 years. She still has a copy of her original application--weight is one of the info. requirements. (She weighed 123 lbs., btw!)

MsFierceFab 10-04-2011 04:29 PM

I really like the Playboy Club ! It seems to be getting better and better with each episode. So far I love the new season of Modern Family too.

EZMONEY 10-05-2011 10:19 PM

Angie and I like Two Broke Girls so far...

We will watch Suburgatory since it is sandwiched between The Middle and Modern Family

Person of Interest and Revenge are ones we have thought about...

only so much time to watch TV....and we do plenty of that!

3FCer344892 10-06-2011 12:18 AM

Like: The New Girl, X Factor (even though they skimped on the auditions), Suburgatory.

Don't Like: Ringer, Secret Circle, Terra-Nova, Whitney, Up All Night, Playboy club.

Returning shows I like: Dexter, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Spartacus.

I'm going to try out that American Haunting show later, and see if I like it.

cbmare 10-06-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

When Hughes Airline was in operation, the "girls" had to measure 36 - 24 - 36 or greater on top but the waist could be no larger than 24.

No sexism there! Also, no stewardesses were allowed to be married. Pilots could be married, but not the stews.

cbmare 10-06-2011 12:27 PM

We were sucked in right away with Revenge. Since Damages is on DIrect TV only, it is a wonderful substitution. Person of Interest is another one, although I'm losing interest in it, Bob likes it.

I like Suburgatory so I will have that one by myself.

Could someone please tell me about Hart of Dixie?

Returning favs would be Harry's Law (loved Jean Smart's brief episodes) and Hawaii 50.

Glory87 10-06-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Heh, unlike all the overweight women on other TV shows?

At least Pan Am makes it clear that the stewardesses are forced to stay a certain weight and weighed weekly (and it's tough to do - in the second episode one of the women was chastized for being up a single pound). Apparently the other 95%+ women on TV are just naturally super slim. NO damage to our self esteem comparing ourselves to the typical woman on TV!

jenjulia 10-06-2011 04:08 PM

I like Pan Am and two broke girls.