3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What are you reading Oct 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/244285-what-you-reading-oct-2011-a.html)

Smiling_Sara 10-01-2011 09:37 AM

What are you reading Oct 2011

Wow, start of 4th quarter already! Please share with us what you are reading, and let all of our lists grow longer. :)

I am about 250 pages into Before I Die

It's a young adult read about a 16 year old who is dying of cancer, only has a few months to live, and before she dies she makes a list of things she would like to do.

Huzzahforska 10-01-2011 11:42 AM

I'm a little over half way done with the third book of the Game of Thrones series, it's really good!

CanadianCutie 10-01-2011 02:16 PM

Halfway done Changeless (second book in the Parasol Protectorate series). Very funny Steampunk series.

theox 10-01-2011 07:01 PM

About halfway through Charles Dickens' Bleak House.

Magrat 10-01-2011 08:46 PM

I just finished The Tin Ticket which is about nineteenth century British women who were transported to Australia for minor crimes.

I am currently rereading Grey Is The Color Of Hope, poet Irina Ratushinskaya's memoir of her years in a Soviet labor camp.

When I get sick of that I plan to move on to Season To Taste, about a wannabe chef who loses her sense of smell after an automobile accident.

Miaka 10-01-2011 09:36 PM

I have just started to read the help. I would like to finish it before watching the movie.

Gogirl008 10-01-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miaka (Post 4055378)
I have just started to read the help. I would like to finish it before watching the movie.

LOVED The Help. Haven't seen the movie yet either.

I'm reading Hunger Games, finally. Totally into it. Very easy read, but also very good. Almost done, but I'm on a wait list (library) for the next one. I hope I'm next in line 'cause I'm almost ready for it and I don't want to start something else in the meantime.

shanhat81 10-02-2011 09:31 AM

Currently reading Fall of Giants, by Ken Follett. It's the third in his big epic series, after Pillars of the Earth (which I hated) and World Without End (which I loved).

ANOther 10-02-2011 01:03 PM

Finally into Jump!
On deck (but it'll be quite a while yet): The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman, the Horse who Inspired a Nation by Elizabeth Letts

sumnerfan 10-02-2011 01:10 PM

I just finished White Cat by Holly Black. It's an easy YA novel about deception and feeling as though you don't belong. It was a good, easy read. I'm also trying to read The Secret History, but I just can't get into it. Oh and on my phone I've got Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovitch. I love the Plum series sans the holiday books.

FrouFrou 10-02-2011 01:31 PM

Going thru one of my moods again and have been a little busy so not much reading getting done. Still working on The Help...I like it even though I saw the movie, lol. Usua;;y read a book first before seeing a movie but not this time.

2fat2jump 10-03-2011 02:16 PM

I just read "The Woman Who Wouldn't" by Gene Wilder. It was a sweet little book, though really short (took about an hour to read).

I couldn't help but picture Wilder as the male character being charming and witty.

KellyAF 10-03-2011 04:02 PM

I'm smack in the middle of Under the Dome by Stephen King.
I am not consistent with it, but I am enjoying it.

theCandEs 10-04-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanhat81 (Post 4055659)
Currently reading Fall of Giants, by Ken Follett. It's the third in his big epic series, after Pillars of the Earth (which I hated) and World Without End (which I loved).

Oooo! I guess I need to get World Without End, cause I kinda liked The Pillars of the Earth. After reading 1000 or so pages, though, I was ready for something else to read.

Now, I'm halfway through the first book in the A Game of Thrones series. It took awhile to get into it, but it's really good now.

mzKiki 10-04-2011 01:01 PM

I'm reading One Door Away From Heaven By Dean Koontz.

It's okay, but I'm a fast reader and have been reading this one for about 3 weeks. Can't get into the characters.