General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Thank you all for your advice, I appreciate it. and I know that I am going to come off a little weird here. The practical reasons that I can't fly/bus home ferrets in tow are this, 1. I have don't have the money for that. 2. most airlines do not allow ferrets (either they don't allow them to be checked or in cabin)/or to bring them costs as much as a ticket for a human apiece/ busses do not allow any animals but service animals.

And, I cannot leave them with my parents. Period. I cannot leave them. It is not an option at all. You guys are going to think I am crazy, and maybe I am, but those 'furry things' have helped me through more problems than anyone can imagine. They have pulled me through the depths of despair into the light, and they're some of the reason I started my weight loss in the first place. Their antics keep me sane, and I need things to nurture when I feel like nobody else cares about my efforts. Last, I promised them just like I promised my husband at our wedding that I would never abandon them. It's not a matter or my marriage or them. It's my marriage and them. They are part of our little family, and I don't abandon my family. Period.

I talked to my husband last night who texted me, so I called him, and I accidentally had a major freakout and panic attack but through all of that he listened carefully and then told me he loved me very much and that he was sorry, that he was just trying to get things for us set for me to come home. He has to at least wait until Friday to see if he got a permanent job at one of the positions he got temporarily. It seems that as far as our relationship goes, I understand that he's got some stress on his plate, just like I do. We both promised that if we say we're going to call we're going to call, period barring emergency. He says he has no intention of leaving and that he cannot wait to see me and that he didn't call yesterday because he thought I was angry; not an excuse, he says, and apologized.

Again, all. I am so thankful for your attentive advice.I know you all have my best interests at heart, and I am so happy to have a place like this because everyone here seems to have very wise things to say.

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 09-29-2011 at 09:19 AM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #32  

Quote:
I talked to my husband last night who texted me, so I called him, and I accidentally had a major freakout and panic attack but through all of that he listened carefully and then told me he loved me very much and that he was sorry, that he was just trying to get things for us set for me to come home. He has to at least wait until Friday to see if he got a permanent job at one of the positions he got temporarily. It seems that as far as our relationship goes, I understand that he's got some stress on his plate, just like I do. We both promised that if we say we're going to call we're going to call, period barring emergency. He says he has no intention of leaving and that he cannot wait to see me and that he didn't call yesterday because he thought I was angry; not an excuse, he says, and apologized.
Ahhhh, so great to hear! I know that's a weight off of you, that he broke the silence first.

Totally understand about the animals--when you love one, they are just as human as the next person
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Totally understand about the animals--when you love one, they are just as human as the next person
Thank you for not saying that I'm crazy. I feel crazy sometimes, but they mean a lot to me and they're a lot more than just animals to me. lol

Yes, it is a load off of my mind. I am sure that things will be a ton better for both of us when we have an established place to call ours. Hubby is a great guy, and it's easy to let your imagination run wild when you perceive a break in communication. I don't think he even understood, that not speaking had that profound an effect on me. I just miss him a lot.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #34  
Taste the rainbow

S/C/G: 299/241/175

Height: 5'9

I totally understand about the ferrets. My husband and I have 9 pets (3 dogs, 6 cats) and we can't see ever leaving them behind either. They're our family and espeically our dogs are like our children. Good luck, hope you manage to get there soon
Skittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Awesome news!!...good luck to the both of you!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote