One for the Money

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Have you seen the trailer for "One for the Money"? I am so excited, I can't stand it!!! The first time I read this book, I was on a flight. I laughed so hard, the guy next to me thought I lost my mind!

In my imagination, Stephanie Plum is more Marissa Tomei than Katherine Heigl, but after seeing the trailer, Katherine is going to be fabulous!

I see a BIG girls night out coming up!
  • I have not seen the trailer but I will go see the movie! Love Stephanie Plum!!!
  • http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810168438/video/26714574

I'm ready to lust over Morelli!
  • Yea! I can't wait!

Ready to lust over RANGER! Although he doesn't look as "dark" as I pictured, and Morelli looks a little older.
  • It's funny how we all have these images of how things should be! You are right -- Ranger needs to be darker with longer hair.
  • Thanks for the trailer!
  • Quote: It's funny how we all have these images of how things should be! You are right -- Ranger needs to be darker with longer hair.
    Or even Maurice Bernard (20 years ago).
  • All the rest of the casting seems to be right on, though. Lula, Connie, Mom, Dad, Grandma (hoot!!).....I wonder who's gonna play Vince.
  • Patrick Fischler is going to play Vinnie. He is young, but has a certain 'ferret' look that works.
  • Not sure I will see the movie when it comes out. I love the Stephanie Plum series but not a fan of KH.
  • I didnt think I'd like KH as Stephanie Plum but it might just work...not at all how I pictured Morelli, but the guy is hoo. Ranger has always been my pick...that guy might do...loving Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazzur....
  • LOVE the Stephanie Plum series and can't wait to see this movie! I'm not thrilled with all the casting but I'm sure that's mostly because of how I pictured certain people in my head - mainly Morelli and Ranger (drools). But still it looks like a fun movie!
  • Yeah, I'm still not feeling Katherine Heigl as Stephanie, but it looks like it will be a good movie anyway.
  • I am not so sure I want to see the movie. For some reason the movies always suck compared to the books and then the series is never the same for me. Maybe I am just weird but, I like my own imagination much better then Hollywood's.
  • I'm not feeling any of the actors in this. Morrelli, would look twice at him. And I hate when they screw with the books story line; I don't remember Morrelli ever being on the lam. And the dad never talks that much or that clearly.

Like the OP, it's not safe for me to read the Plum novels in public. I was readng one in a restaurant one time and I know the people had to think I was off my rocker. I laughed and snickered for about five minutes and at one point was slapping the table in hysteria. Sadly the more recent novels seem to be losing the Plum touch.

Will probably see the movie but not expecting it to be good, or worthy of the book.