General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I donate all of my decent stuff to Salvation Army. Anything that's ratty gets trashed. I have several nice dresses (cocktail/evening) that I am debating what to do with. Might sell on eBay or look for a consignment shop
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana77 View Post
I donate all of my decent stuff to Salvation Army. Anything that's ratty gets trashed. I have several nice dresses (cocktail/evening) that I am debating what to do with. Might sell on eBay or look for a consignment shop
I do have the most beautiful dress in the world, I'm going to try and get a dressmaker to adjust it when I get to goal. Its to beautiful, expensive and has too many happy memories attached to it to send it to a charity shop or sell it.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I sell, donate and shop the consignment shops and thrift stores.

I've actually even made a profit at times. For example, I bought some very nice tops in a thrift store for under $4 and then when I was done with them, I sold them in consignment shops and made $4 to $8. So it's like getting free clothes or even being paid to shop.

I've even considered buying clothes in thrift stores that aren't my size at all, and selling them in the consignment shops. If I worked at it, I bet I could make it my business, especially in this economy as the thrift and consigment stores are doing extraordinarily well. In fact, new stores are always opening, and the prices in the consigment and thrift stores have been going up as the demand has gone up.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #19  

I have been throwing out all the clothes that are in sad shape.
The nicer ones I will sell eventually, but I need to accumulate a lot more of them.

I am going into maintenance when I reach my goal, so I won't need any of my fat clothes. I am soooo glad to see them go.

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
Charles H Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

... ... ...
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #20  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

My coworker went up to a size 18 as I went down into a 16, so we swapped clothes. Then when I got into 14s, I had a couple, and so did she (and she found them depressing to keep around so gave them to me). I haven't gotten rid of the 16s yet though. I am now heading to 12s and that means the pile of clothes I have been trying to weed out of my closet is piling up. I have some folks that have said they would take certain items I have (and I will gladly give away so SOMEONE can get use out of them), but undecided on the rest yet. I have all the time in the world to figure it out, it's not like I am wearing them out anymore
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #21  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron777 View Post
Main thing was that this time, I am NOT keeping my fat clothes around. I WON'T use them again. I have learned that once the weight is off, you can't revert to your old ways--maintenance is as important as losing the weight. So good-bye fat clothes, may you be of use to someone else.

ditto!!!! I made that mistake a year ago and put back on all but about 5 lbs of the over 40 I had lost. And was able to convince myself it wasn't really happening because I still fit into my clothes. Except of course, not the couple of new things I had bought to fit my smaller size, but I was easily able to ignore that fact.

I'm donating to charity. I could probably make a little money doing the consignment thing and all that but it's a bigger value to me to just get them OUT of my house (and as a single mom working full time outside the home, efficiency is my highest priority).

So I've actually got a charity pick up scheduled for Monday and plan to have a minimum of two bags of clothing plus a carton of shoes all left out for them. Hopefully, it will be more than 2 bags, but I didn't plan on coming down with a cold and having limited energy to try to do some closet purging.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #22  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I bagged all mine up and gave them to goodwill. I only do this when they are so big they are falling off me though, I have a hard time giving away my clothes lol
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #23  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

i sold most of mine at plato's closet, and donated the rest.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 330/297/165

Height: 5'7

One thing NOT to do is -

If you put them on EBay or Craigslist say something only the lines of:

I lost a ton of weight, so you can have all of my fat clothes.
My loss is your gain.

Those two kinds of statements make me feel like a total failure and I would NEVER buy clothes from them.

I give mine away to a church clothes closet where everything is free.
jilly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #25  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I put mine in a Planet Aid dropbox.

I've been losing weight for two years, and so as each season rolls around I take a look at what can be replaced. I just bought a couple of sweaters for fall in my new size, which means my two biggest sweaters can go into the next Planet Aid pile.

I don't have that much left to lose, so it's possible that the sweaters I buy this year might still fit me next year (if a little roomier). But the stuff I bought last year definitely doesn't fit now, especially because right now I love my new body and want to wear things that are a little less boxy and a little more form-fitting.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #26  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a whole lot of fat clothes because I rsisted buying them. Because my job had a uniform, I could get away with big T shirts and draw string pants and shorts the rest of the time. I know, real attractive. Of the good clothes I had in size 14, I donated those. I still have the all shirts because I can still wear them.

I have one pair of size 16 shorts that I was forced to buy because I had to have something nicer than draw string work out clothes and a big T-shirt to wear to a get together. They hang in my closet and remind me of where I never need to go again, and I'm keeping them. People say to get rid of the fat clothes, and that's what I did the last time around. This time, I want to keep that one reminder.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 223/165/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Me and my mother are both on diets together. As she loses, she plans to take over the clothes I have gotten to small for.
Baicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

I plan to donate all of mine.. I have been resisting buying new clothes because at 22lb lost, I still fit into my clothes, only they are baggy... but I don't know why, it never occurred to me to purchase my in-between clothes at goodwill. I guess in my head, I just figured I could wear a size 18 pair of jeans until I was 145 lb. hahahaha Thanks guys! I will most defiantly be doing that.
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #29  

Gave them all away to Charity shops.

Got to get them out of the house, I have to make it as tough as possible to regain! That is NOT happening!!!!!
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/183/140 (lowest 168)

I just had that moment this weekend, I'm so used to wanting to save my fat clothes "just in case"....just in case WHAT?? I'm held and gunpoint and forced to gain 100lbs?

I have ultimate control over what freaking size clothes I wear. I was in disbelief I could ever be that stupid LOL.
Panacea86 is offline   Reply With Quote