General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #1  
RomansDoda

S/C/G: Starting weight-173/167/135

Height: 5'6''

Default Scales anyone?

Thinking about getting a new scale and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations. I have a Weight Watchers scale but I have had it for many years and it has been dropped and banged around quite a bit. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money but I do want accuracy. Would love to hear suggestions.
romansdoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #2  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I have a healthometer one that I grabbed at wal-mart for maybe $20. It is the one that does BF% and water% too. The BF% is way off, but is good for a trend (any scale that gives BF% is not going to be accurate). I love the thing though because it weighs very accurately. The weight I get on it undressed is around 2 pounds off of the weight that I get at the doc when I am dressed and they use one of those old fashioned types with the sliding weights (the amount of difference varies of course depending on what I wear to the doc). I have done this comparison with the doc scale about 5 times and always been impressed. I also like that it stores me previous weight and shows it to me before I weigh in, it will store for 2 people in case you share your scale.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm thinking about going old school with a manual scale. I have a 5 month old Weight Watchers digital scale that measures fat and water % also. It was fine til this week, when it LOST ITS MIND. I weigh myself 5 times and get 3 different weights. What makes me nuts is the weights are 5 pounds apart, so I have no clue what my true weight is. Grrrrrr
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I say stick with another WW scale! I've been using them for quite a few years, and I like the accuracy and consistency .
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote