3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Dontcha just hate it when... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/242962-dontcha-just-hate-when.html)

cuppycake 09-13-2011 09:51 AM

Dontcha just hate it when...

Im venting this morning. I dont know why this hasnt hit me sooner but here it is. I have this friend who decided to do the HGC diet. We all were worried about her. Its not healthy ect. But it didnt stop her from drinking alcohol.
Anyway, blah blah she lost 50lbs and about $1500.00 doing this. Then she's done with that and goes and gets phentermine. Now, let me be clear, Ive used phentermine in the past. Twice to be exact. when you go off of it you gain the weight back because you get your appetite back. I warned her about this and the mood changes ect. So here she is on her phentermine acting like a crazy person. She comes over and she knew I was on a diet.
She immediately says I lost 65lbs dont I look good. Yes, especially with that jug o wine and bottle of vodka in your hand. I told her I lost 14lbs. She said nice, but I lost 65. I mean really! Do I just attract crazy people? I wanted to
slap her. I know losing 65 is alot and her life is falling apart. She knows about karma, but somehow thinks she is this perfect nice person when she isnt. She is a mean girl who thinks the world revolves around her.
Does anyone else have friends like this?:?:

sacha 09-13-2011 09:57 AM

No, I don't have friends like that - I don't think I could stay friends with someone like that. I know people make some bad choices in life, but if she is a mean self-centred person, then staying 'friends' with her simply teaches her that her behaviour is okay. Friends make you feel good. This girl is not a friend.

It's okay to break up with a friend :( I 'divorced' my best friend of 10 years in my early 20's and have no regrets.

Glory87 09-13-2011 10:07 AM

I'm wondering why you have a friend like that!

omgzitsmiranda 09-13-2011 10:18 AM

I don't necessarily have anything against people doing the HCG or Phentermine, but I do have things against people acting like THAT! Like everyone else said, I would NOT put up with a friend like that. Period.

PS: Not everyone on Phentermine gains it all back. With every "miracle fix" diet, there's always people that are going to gain some of it back or ALL of it. It's not about just the "miracle" part, it's about changing your life, period.

ade903 09-13-2011 10:33 AM

I divorced my best friend, too. It was a toxic relationship and I'm much happier because of it.

Lovely 09-13-2011 11:37 AM

I have to say I'd "divorce" a friend like that, too.

Or rather, I'd be happily left when I'd blurt out, "Yes, but by the time I've lost 65 pounds I won't look like ****."

fatburner77 09-13-2011 11:49 AM

No, I do not have friends like that. You've been blessed with free will in this life: exercise it.

cuppycake 09-13-2011 12:45 PM

yes we are in the middle of friendship divorce. I am overhauling my whole life. I will no longer be the one everyone dumps on. I will no longer be the one to fix things or be there at any time. I found that "friends" who only take arent worth my time giving. Praise Budah I have seen the light. Thank you ladies!