3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   East Coast Chicks and Roosters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/241848-east-coast-chicks-roosters.html)

midwife 08-27-2011 08:28 PM

East Coast Chicks and Roosters

Thinking of you all tonight. Check in when you can.

cottagebythesea 08-27-2011 08:38 PM

Thanks for thinking of us, Midwife!

It's been raining all day, but now it's starting to come down hard and it's getting pretty windy. My DD's family came out from NJ to stay with us for the duration, and we're having a hurricane party.

EZMONEY 08-27-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 4009712)
Thinking of you all tonight. Check in when you can.

Ditto :)

Our family in Florida are clear now....still waiting for New Jersey and D.C. friends/family....

prayers for all

sontaikle 08-27-2011 10:18 PM

I'm on Long Island. A good chunk of us had mandatory evacuations, but I'm luckily outside of the evacuation zone. We're ready but it's still pretty scary.

Thanks for the kind wishes/thoughts. Everyone else in the affected area please stay safe!

theCandEs 08-28-2011 12:38 AM

My aunt in PA says they've had 3 tornado warnings so far. I have a lot of family up there. Hope everyone stays safe!

MeliZ 08-28-2011 10:19 AM

I just moved from CT last year, and they are reported lots of black-outs and flooding. Also, just started a small tornado warning but nothing reported yet.

So far, my parents are safe though their basement is flooded. They still have power though, so are using a water vacuum to get out as much as possible. I have lots of friends and family through all of CT, NY, PA, and NJ - so I'm definitely praying!

shanhat81 08-28-2011 10:55 AM

Seems like only minimal damage in close-in DC suburbs.

We even have power, although our apartment windows leaked!

Tai 08-28-2011 11:36 AM

All is well here! I had some rain and a little wind but nothing like I thought was coming.

Thank you all for keeping us East Coasters in your thoughts and prayers!

dragonwoman64 08-28-2011 12:46 PM

it's pretty soggy here in Brooklyn, but we live in a neighborhood that's relatively high elevation. near a park -- we'll see the tree damage tomorrow. last year a tornado touched down and did tons of damage to the local trees, smashed in some store windows too. all the mass transit is shut down, we'll see it they can get it back up and going for tomorrow commute to work, otherwise I'll be staying home another day. we were very lucky not to lose power, knock on wood. lots of people did.

hope everyone else is safe with minimal to no damage!!

CorinneIrene 08-29-2011 01:20 AM

We are having serious flooding issues here in upstate NY. Towns have been wiped out. I'm doing a 24 hour awake shift at work because the roads are all closed/washed out and no one could get in.

When it's all said and done, we'll all get through fine. I'm fortunate to have escaped the damage, but my heart goes out to those who have lost everything.

Lovely 08-29-2011 01:55 AM

Eastern Mass here.

We were without power (and therefore also water) for the day, but it honestly wasn't so bad. Lots of wind, and earlier on in the day lots of rain.

Some downed branches, and a little flooding, but nothing serious.

My parents are in Southern CT. They had a tree go down in the front yard and land on the house, but there wasn't much damage, and similar conditions there. Wind. Rain. Some flooding and downed branches.