Bikini?

• When you get to goal, whatever that may be, do you think you'll wear a bikini?

If everything goes according to my schedule (yeah right, that always works hahaha), I would like to go to Vegas in March, which at 2lb a week I should be well to my goal of 170, even with stalls accounted for. The last time I was at 170 the closest I got to a bikini was a skirted tankini. Heck, after being heavy most of m life a bathing suit of any kind was an accomplishment haha!

I'm a very conservative dresser...no matter what size I am and I'm feeling like I should be brave and for once in my life wear a bikini.
  • I have a bikini right now mostly because it's a lot easier to get a good fit (I need a lot of bust support). I wear a high waisted one with a bra like top. I actually feel a lot better in it than a once piece because it has more support and shows off the bit of my tummy that doesn't look too bad.
  • I say go for it!! I wore one this past month for the first time in almost a decade and not a high-waisted one either. I figured if I was gonna wear one, I'd wear one that rode low on my hips. I was sooo nervous walking out to the hotel pool but after a few minutes, I calmed down enough to enjoy myself in the water with my DH and two sons. Of course, it was still modest - not a thong or anything like that b/c I'm a mom but it definitely showed a lot of me, lol. Definitely do it.
  • I'm wearing one...right now! Haha, no really... I just got home from the lake and plopped on the couch .

Life's too short, man! I have crazy stretch marks and loose skin and I really don't care! I've never worn one before the last month or so and even 20 or 30 lb ago I would have said that I'd NEVER wear a bikini. But it's one of those things that is less scary than I thought it would be. Plus, it's really hard for me to find one pieces that fit well.

Go for it, girl!
  • Absolutely! If I ever look half-way decent in a bikini again, I am definitely wearing one!

I agree with tuende! "Life's too short, man!"
  • I bought a 2-piece for my vacation in November. I tried it on last week, and it doesn't look half bad. I have a higher-waisted bottom and a halter-type top; I got it from Land's End.
  • I don't think I'll ever be able to wear one as i have major, major stretch marks and saggy tummy from my pregnancies. The stretch marks go above my belly button, so I doubt I would ever feel comforable enough to wear one. My tummy looks a lot like some of those pre-tummy tuck photos you see on the web. Not pretty!
  • Hopefully when I'm ready they'll have them back in the stores. I think I would want to try on the different styles rather than buy one blind off the internet.

I do like the idea of a high waisted one!