3FC Canada : Goodbye, Mr Layton :(

• I was totally CRUSHED to learn the death of Jack Layton this morning... I knew he was fighting cancer but still, the news hit me in the face SO hard.

I'll miss his friendly manners and his positive attitude.

We'll miss you, Mr Layton May you rest in peace.
  • I'm with you. He was a good man. He will be missed.
  • Yes very sudden. RIP. He was well-liked here in Quebec amongst those who are not with the bloc, he appealed to quite a few francophones (apparently his French was very good).
  • sad loss
  • I am shocked too. I liked his personality and drive. So sad. RIP Jack.
  • Quote: Yes very sudden. RIP. He was well-liked here in Quebec amongst those who are not with the bloc, he appealed to quite a few francophones (apparently his French was very good).
    i agree with you sacha i loved him and so did my entire family. his french was great and he had an amazing positive attitude. unfortunately, the good ones are always the ones to go. may he RIP...
  • He must have been an awesome person. Several of my friends on another board are greatly saddened by the loss.
  • He was such a positive person RIP
  • The family of Jack Layton released a letter he wrote for Canadians, as he knew he wouldn't be able to win this battle.

You can check out the letter on the website of the Huffingtonpost.

Such a great man.
  • the letter made me cry
  • Jack was an exceptional human being, a rare breed in an often cutthroat political game. It's a sad day for Canada and he will be missed by many. I will carry these words with me. R.I.P Jack.

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." -Jack Layton.
  • RIP Jack Layton. I was so glad after the most recent election to see his name followed by the title "Leader of the Opposition". He did so much to build up the NDP. He will be missed.
  • So sad and so quick, which I suppose was merciful. My heart goes out to his family and to the rest of my Canadian brethren. We have lost a truly passionate, compassionate, kind, and wonderful man.
  • I lived in Canada for 34 years, and was honored to know Mr. Layton, and his widow. All the wonderful things said about him are totally true. It is such a loss to the world, to Canada, and to all who loved him.