Update on my ankle

• SO I finally have gotten into my walking boot about a week ago. Been hobbling around with a cane and that boot. I still can't bear full weight even with the boot but at least I don't have to use my crutches! LOL I am supposed to start physical therapy but I can't do that until I get my claim number for workers comp!

Today I went into work for the first time since my accident and did a bunch of running around. The Injured Worker Program didn't have work available for my limitations so I am home resting again. My ankle is really killing me! To much movement in a short amount of time. I have to call and check in every Monday but other then that I will be home until Sept 13th! Unless they find work and call me in.
  • woww!! i thought you just sprained it?? it must be alot worse than that...did xrays show something beyond a sprain? take it easy and dont overdo it
  • Thanks I am going a little stir crazy in the house. I want to get back to the gym SO bad. Kinda enjoying the time off work though! LOL The x rays didnt show anything broken. I am basically just on hold waiting for the claim number so I can start my physical therapy.
  • I just got back to work after a week off, with my ankle wrapped in a splint. Graduated to a walking splint, and today was my first time off everything.

Hope your ankle feels better soon!!
  • Wow! Thanks for updating us... that's a long time for a sprain, must've been really bad! D:

Take it easy on your ankle
  • Glad to hear it's healing up, although it sounds like some more rest will be good for it.

• Thanks ladies! I am really ready to try and get back to working out. I really need to get some sort of exercise going for my calf though. Ive lost muscle mass in my left calf. Already lost an inch and a half around.

Anyone know a way I could work out my calf muscle in my chair without stressing my ankle injury? I think Im going to cry.
  • Maybe the elleptical machine or stationary bike? its low impact...not sure what will help right now.

• I can only WISH Crystal!! I miss the Elliptical SO bad! Right now I am in one of those walking boots...up to my knee and I have to use a cane when I walk because I still not good enough to put full weight on it. I am worried that with the stationary bike that it will be to much motion on my ankles. I really need my PT to start but Ive got to wait on a damn claim number.
  • Sorry about your ankle. I think rest is what you need right now. The calf muscle will be back up to speed once you are able to take the boot off. I've broken my arm before. It looked so puny when they took the cast off, but it was back to normal a few weeks after that.
  • Oh I am glad to hear that news! I was SO worried because Ive always had very muscular calf muscles....I thought I always hated them until I realized it wasnt as big anymore! LOL My hubby always commented on how much he loved my legs. I teased him that now he can only love one of my legs! He is such a great guy.

Oh I DID get my claim number finally so I can start my physical therapy next week hopefully!

Also I went to Family Day at work and even though we just did a little bit of it and I took it slow...I am SO sore! *sigh*