General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/166/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Wasn't sure where to put this... (career change)

have any of you been inspired to change your career based on this whole getting healthy experience? I am a 15 plus year preschool teacher and needless to say burnout level is quite high in my profession and I find myself really enjoying working out and thinking about fitness in general and was thinking about exploring a new career path in fitness/nutrition area...just rambling here but thought I'd see what you all thought about this affecting your job/career...
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Actually yes, I have found quite a passion for Nutrition particulalry for youth, mostly because the lifestyle change clicked in my head after I had my son, but the changes in myself have been much more positive than I could have imagined.
I've enrolled in school for holistic nutrition, focussing mostly on Nutrition as a preventative means to illness etc. I've started my courses for the fitness aspect of it as well, I want to be a well rounded person and if I want to inspire others to change their eating habits for a healthier life, I need to be able to teach them the physical part of that as well.

I'm rambling now too lol . . . but I'm definately changing my career path with the new found passion I have found.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've posted this elsewhere but yes, I'm looking into the nursing field. Mostly because I want an active job but also want to make a difference in the health of others.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Yes! But not exactly because I'm leaning more toward a career in health and fitness, but because working on my own health and fitness has taught me that I can do so much more with my life! I'm a teacher too... I'll still be in the field of education, but I won't be in a traditional classroom setting anymore.

Although... I was just thinking last night that my spin instructor seriously has the BEST job .
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Another teacher here, or at least I was. I am seriously considering nutrition and or personal training. I'm also considering becoming a social worker or a mechanic though, so I'm still kinda up in the air.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote