General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Default What time of year do you lose the most?

I was wondering if anyone else finds it easier to lose weight in the cooler months? I know a lot of people lose weight in the summer because the heat may cause them to eat less or be outdoors more. I can't seem to get myself moving too much in the heat. I like to go hiking but in all the heat its just too oppressive, especailly for my dog! I find I lose more in the fall and winter, when do you seem to lose the most weight? Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, does it make a difference??
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #2  

I lose the most from March through November.
For months I spend a lot of time in my garden. Gardening can get very strenuous, especially when I am planting trees and moving 40 pound bags of compost. I lay a lot of heavy stepping stones every year also.

Picking and processing all my fruit for juice is a lot of work and excercize.
My 5 gallon pails of grapes, pears and apples can weigh 20 pounds each.
Potatoes are a chore to dig up and they get heavy also. I am constantly pulling weeds which tones up my hands and arms. Bending and stooping a couple of hours every day to pick blackberries and strawberries is great for my legs and back.

I quit going to the gym to expand my gardens. It was just too boring for me to work out on machines and walk around a track in constant circles. I got exercize but nothing else.

Now I get exercize and a lot of pesticide free veggies and fruits. And my pantry and freezer is full of nutritional food that cost me almost nothing. No artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners are in my juice.
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I find I'm much more motivated in the warmer months because the weather is more agreeable to me exercising outdoors. It's hard to stay motivated in the dead of winter when there's a blizzard going on. But I try.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I've lost weight a million times (or so it seems) and I've never thought about that before. Looking back, I've been the most successful in the spring and fall. Times when I can exercise comfortably and be active outdoors. Summer makes me want to stay indoors and winter makes me want to eat and sleep.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

From New Year's Day (new year = new resolve) right through Memorial Day ( before summer BBQ's are in full swing!)

This year I'll be happy just maintaining even though I still have 8 more pounds to loose. All those other years I'd pack the weight back on and then January 1st would start all over.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/125

Height: 5'3"

Summer because there are so many fresh veggies on sale!
Abigail207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Definitely late spring through late fall. Better produce prices, more stable weather (so fewer pain flares of fibro) so I can much more easily and cheaply eat healthy and move more.

I have a hard time functioning in high heat, but my husband and I recently learned about short-term memberships at the YMCA. Only $25 for one week, $50 for two weeks, and $77 for a month (buying a full year membership wouldn't save us anything if we had to skip even one month, and if we're going to miss even one week during any month then it pays to pay by the week - so we've decided that buying by the month makes the sense most months, and by the week if we know we're going to miss a week (like when we visit my family in Illinois or take other vactations).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote