General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #1  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Default The Baseball Thread - Play Ball

Opening Day is coming up.

America's Pastime.

This is the place for all you baseball fans to talk about your teams and the games.

Everyone welcome.

Also we have a little game going. Pick a fantasy team to go along with your favourite team and we shall declare a winner at the end of the season. Most wins gets the title.

162 games to go. More for those of us that get to the post season.

Let's have a fun time. Baseball is in the air.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272 / 172.5 / 150

Height: 5'-9"

Going to my second straight Rockies opening day and it's looking to be gorgeous - sunny and low 70's!!! Very excited for the game and for my "Pancake and Beer "Tailgate"" beforehand. They've been sprucing up around the stadium this week - flowers being planted, HUGE banner over the road at the first base gate, painting the ADA domes at the crosswalks around the park purple. And best of all, tomorrow they paint the big purple stripe down Blake Street! It is going to be such a great day!

The only draw back is I miss the Sox first game. But I'll be watching them on Saturday and Sunday and Tuesday and Wednesday and...

Oh, and my fantasy pick - my Chicago White Sox.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Let the season begin.

Thanks for starting the tread Clydegirl - seemed like a looooooong winter season.

Local papers are predicting that the Red Sox will go to the World Series, but I wish the rest of you well anyway.

My teams are: The Red Sox and the Chicago Cubs as my fantasy team.

Regret not being able to fly to Arlington Texas for the Red Sox opening against the Texas Rangers. Maybe xLindsay46 or Sweetcaroline will make it.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #4  
One pound at a time.

My Redbirds are opening this afternoon at Busch Stadium against the Padres.

I wish I was going.

Manders have a great time at the game. The atmosphere on Opening Day must be fantastic. One of these years I will get tickets.

My Fantasy team, the Red Sox. This looks like a huge year for them.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Looking forward to the Rockies start on Friday. Even though it is during the day, while I'm at work. Oh boy.

Gotta go with the Phillies again for my fantasy team. I still love Roy Halliday.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Opening day for the Rangers is againast the Red Sox. All us Texas fans are hoping they can pull through.

I'm picking Rangers go back to the World Series this year and win the dang thing. Their pitching is weak at the moment, Webb's still on the DL, but here's hoping for a great season! Love watching CJ Wilson walk the mound game after game.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 03-31-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272 / 172.5 / 150

Height: 5'-9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by manders01 View Post
Going to my second straight Rockies opening day and it's looking to be gorgeous - sunny and low 70's!!! Very excited for the game and for my "Pancake and Beer "Tailgate"" beforehand. They've been sprucing up around the stadium this week - flowers being planted, HUGE banner over the road at the first base gate, painting the ADA domes at the crosswalks around the park purple. And best of all, tomorrow they paint the big purple stripe down Blake Street! It is going to be such a great day!

The only draw back is I miss the Sox first game. But I'll be watching them on Saturday and Sunday and Tuesday and Wednesday and...

Oh, and my fantasy pick - my Chicago White Sox.
Doh! I didn't read the rules correctly. My favorite team is the White Sox and my fantasy team will be the Rockies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Let the season begin.

Thanks for starting the tread Clydegirl - seemed like a looooooong winter season.

Local papers are predicting that the Red Sox will go to the World Series, but I wish the rest of you well anyway.

My teams are: The Red Sox and the Chicago Cubs as my fantasy team.

Regret not being able to fly to Arlington Texas for the Red Sox opening against the Texas Rangers. Maybe xLindsay46 or Sweetcaroline will make it.
And just about every other person that's throwing predictions out there (ESPN, CBS Sportsline, FOX Sports, etc.). I've seen a handful of others picked to win it all but for the most part, everyone's picking the BoSox to top the Phils. We shall see come September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
My Redbirds are opening this afternoon at Busch Stadium against the Padres.

I wish I was going.

Manders have a great time at the game. The atmosphere on Opening Day must be fantastic. One of these years I will get tickets.

My Fantasy team, the Red Sox. This looks like a huge year for them.
It really is an awesome time. We walk over about an hour before the game and just hang out by the stadium because there's such a buzz. It's going to be so hard to sleep tonight!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #8  
One pound at a time.

Jim Edmonds will throw out the first pitch today.

I wanted to see him play one last game wearing the birds on the bat but it wasn't to be. He had to retire due to injury.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #9  
One pound at a time.

Grrr Ryan Franklin blows the save and we lose in extra innings.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #10  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by manders01 View Post
Not sure how I missed this before, but I have to say how jealous I am. I'm not even going to be able to listen to the game. Dang it!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #11  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Ugh, it's been too long of a wait!!!!

DH is an ardent Cubs fan, while I wore Yankees onesies as a baby (womb to tomb, man, womb to tomb).

But no offense to Jeter & Co. -- Wrigley Field is my FAVORITE sports venue anywhere, for any sport
Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #12  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Just checking in from Texas... sitting here having dinner with George and Laura on the ranch.......

So sorry Clydegirl... you'll get on track tomorrow..

Good Luck everyone

Enjoy your games

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 03-31-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #13  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline View Post
Just checking in from Texas... sitting here having dinner with George and Laura on the ranch.......

So sorry Clydegirl... you'll get on track tomorrow..

Good Luck everyone

Enjoy your games
Tomorrow is a day off
Old 04-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #14  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations to any LA Dodgers fans that might lurk on this thread for being #1 in Major League Baseball at the moment.

And to their grandfathers, also.

The Nation is so happy to have Sweetcaroline down there in Arlington, Texas for our opener today. (Watch out for Texas sized portions - remember, this is a site about healthy eating, LOL.)
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #15  
One pound at a time.

It just gets worse.

Matt Holliday is undergoing an emergency appendectomy and could be out a month. He was hitting that ball really well yesterday.
Closed Thread