Blogging?

• Has anyone ever tried blogging, or even video blogging?

I recently started blogging on blogger. com, to start talking about my spirituality and trying to overcome my bulimia. I used to think putting personal information like that was dumb, but I use a penname (actually, it's ZebraBri ) and releasing all that feels nice. I could have used a regular journal, but I feel that if even someone stumbles upon it, they can see a story of a person trying to overcome it. My hopes is that I do overcome it, and it could be a proven success story

So does anyone else here blog?
  • I tried several times, just not for me. I would rather just sit down with a journal.
  • There are tons of people blogging here. So much so that 3FC has their own blog site for people to use.

I use blogger.com too and yes, it really is an online journal for me, but I also feel that if reading my journey helps someone else, then great. or, if someone else on a similar journey reads it and has wisdom for me, then double great.
  • I blog as well. I have wanted to for a while but I only recently started because I had to come to terms with the lack of anonymity and figuring out a way to blog in that I wouldn't be upset if literally every single person I knew found it. I think it's important to realize even if you use anonymous usernames that just one person figuring out it's you who is blogging, or someone finding you on another site (like here) and connecting you to that blog means complete lack of anonymity.

I post with my real first name and a picture. I link it to my Facebook account. I felt like there was no "middle ground" in terms of being really open and really private a the same time. So I write as if everyone I know is reading.

Good luck and enjoy your blogging adventures
  • Quote: There are tons of people blogging here. So much so that 3FC has their own blog site for people to use.

I use blogger.com too and yes, it really is an online journal for me, but I also feel that if reading my journey helps someone else, then great. or, if someone else on a similar journey reads it and has wisdom for me, then double great.
    Oh cool, mind if I read yours?
  • Quote: I blog as well. I have wanted to for a while but I only recently started because I had to come to terms with the lack of anonymity and figuring out a way to blog in that I wouldn't be upset if literally every single person I knew found it. I think it's important to realize even if you use anonymous usernames that just one person figuring out it's you who is blogging, or someone finding you on another site (like here) and connecting you to that blog means complete lack of anonymity.

I post with my real first name and a picture. I link it to my Facebook account. I felt like there was no "middle ground" in terms of being really open and really private a the same time. So I write as if everyone I know is reading.

Good luck and enjoy your blogging adventures
    Are you on blogger.com? I'd love to read it!
  • I am, but I am not sure yet if I can connect my indiblue handle with my blog for privacy reasons. My indiblue handle is anonymous (I don't think anyone IRL knows who I am at least) but my blog isn't... so I don't know if I want my IRL friends finding my blog if I connect it with the indiblue handle... if that makes sense.

Maybe in the future I'll feel comfortable, and then I'll definitely let you know!
  • I blog! I think it's nice to have some place to share your thoughts and struggles. I turned to it when I realized my bf had to listen to me talk about it in the beginning 24/7 so it was a nice venue to get it all out there and have like-minded people respond!

I always like reading a new blog !
  • Yes, but I too am careful about privacy. I know too many people who relied far too much on the suppsed anonymity of the internet, wrote down their lives in terribly intimate detail, and then discovered they weren't as safe as they thought. Do be careful with that. Some blogging sites are a mix of blogging and social networking, and will allow you to make blog posts that only your friends can see. This gives you more privacy, although again, be careful here, not all of your internet friends may respect your privacy as much as you hope.

A lot of people on the internet will be putting up their personal information, photos (this site is particularly bad for this), videos, you name it. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because they have taken those risks, it must be OK for you. Make your own risk assessment. A friend of mine recently found her husband in the news for something, and even though her internet presence was pretty minimal, people were managing to dig up a huge amount amount about her, and making incredibly nasty comments to boot.