General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Thumbs up Let's Hear It For The Boys/Girls!

I have an amazing husband. I've been in a relationship with him for...coming up on seven years at this point.

From my lowest weight to my highest weight, every where in between, every healthy move I've made, he has been supportive, encouraging, and excited for me!

I'm generally the one who makes dinner, he's never complained about what I've made to eat. When I tell him I've gone for my daily walk, he says, "YAY!" and gives me a big hug. He patiently listens to my endlessly boring talks on nutrition, food, and weight loss. He's helped me take pictures, measurements, and comments on how my clothes look like they're fitting better. He doesn't complain about the types of foods I buy, and if he wants something (like chips) for himself, he keeps it separate. He loves me inside, and out, and all around. He's told me that he's happiest when I'm happiest, and being healthier seems to make me happier, so he enjoys supporting me.

And, YES!, I'm bragging! I want YOU to brag, too!

Tell me all about how supportive your significant other is in your efforts to get healthier! Because I cannot be the only person on 3FC with a truly great spouse!

And just because: Let's hear it for the boy!

Last edited by Lovely; 07-02-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: ETA: Football Dance Fighting!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #2  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

What a catch!! I can echo the appreciation for an open ear with my long talks on nutrition and health. My boyfriend of 2.5 years has seen me through a 20-or-so pound weight-gain and will see my through a 40-or-so pound weight loss. He has been incredibly encouraging with my fitness efforts and we've been running together. Next week, he's going out of province for 2 months which we'll be hard. We've been apart for longer, but it will be an adjustment. I'm hoping I can use my newfound free time to focus on my weight-loss. Thanks for reminding me to show him how much I appreciate his help!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #3  
is chubby

My fiance supports me through and through. Thanks to him I overcame the worst time of my depression and thanks to him I have lost 18 pounds within 4 months. Thanks to him I got the courage to finish my Uni.
He became a vegetarian with me, he stopped sodas with me, he quit alcohol for me, he quit take-away and junk food with me... what more can I ask for? Of course it did his figure a few favours too
When I feel hungry he throws me into bed and we enjoy our thinner healthier bodies fully. Our relationship has become even more exciting now that we have this common plan and goal.
We save the money we didn't spend on junk food and will spend it on thin clothes and exciting travels for us both.
We spent at least an hour a day praising each other's willpower, reasponsibility and strength (and of course our new figures), because we enjoy the journey as much as we'll enjoy the goal.

Everything good in life becomes double thanks to him and everything bad half.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I have an amazing husband. I've been in a relationship with him for...coming up on seven years at this point.

From my lowest weight to my highest weight, every where in between, every healthy move I've made, he has been supportive, encouraging, and excited for me!

I'm generally the one who makes dinner, he's never complained about what I've made to eat. When I tell him I've gone for my daily walk, he says, "YAY!" and gives me a big hug. He patiently listens to my endlessly boring talks on nutrition, food, and weight loss. He's helped me take pictures, measurements, and comments on how my clothes look like they're fitting better. He doesn't complain about the types of foods I buy, and if he wants something (like chips) for himself, he keeps it separate. He loves me inside, and out, and all around. He's told me that he's happiest when I'm happiest, and being healthier seems to make me happier, so he enjoys supporting me.

And, YES!, I'm bragging! I want YOU to brag, too!

Tell me all about how supportive your significant other is in your efforts to get healthier! Because I cannot be the only person on 3FC with a truly great spouse!

And just because: Let's hear it for the boy!
i could have written this word for word my DH is exactly like that too...he has even chosen a low carb way of eating for himself once he saw how tasty it could be and how i was losing weight...and he's lost alot of weight himself on it, probably more than me and faster than me too LOL

we've been together for nearly 9 years now but only married for about a year and a half
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #5  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Awww, this is a sweet thread. :-)

My dh of 9+ years (together 11.5 years, we were high school sweeties!) is the most amazing guy I have ever known. He has loved me through thick and thin (both physically and situationally) and he really and truly means it when he says he just wants me to be happy. He does his best to help me out if I ask, but usually knows where to draw the line between helpful and overbearing. He cheers me when I do good and is a shoulder to cry on when I'm not doing so good. He quit smoking with me (for our kids), he is helping me work on eating well on a budget, and he is always offering to exercise with me. He's not perfect, but he's perfect for me. :-D
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks for sharing, everyone! I know it's easy to see what people in our lives do "wrong", but I think it's very important to celebrate the good that they do for us! It can be too easily overlooked.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote