"Plus Size" Models

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I wanted to post this link here because I thought it would be helpful to women trying to determine their goal weight or trying to predict how their body might evolve. Though maybe I am the only one that likes seeing representations of various dress sizes.

http://www.flauntmodels.com/plus.htm

All of the models listed there have their height, dress size, and measurements listed.

Of course I find the model industry incredibly funny because some of these models seem ideal to me on a purely aesthetic level. How anorexic looking women became the "ideal" I'll never understand. Why some of these gorgeous women aren't considered "normal" models I don't know.
  • You're right, many of them really do look beautifully proportioned, and even the heavier women are pretty much gorgeous. I have just clicked on Athena (for some reason a certain type of blonde woman just does it for me, not that I've dated any) and she looks thoroughly slim to me. It's also nice to see models who actually have bosoms. (With no disrespect to small-bosomed women, of course.) Some of them even have substantial eyebrows!
  • And why do models have to be tall? The average woman is only 5'4. I would love to see models who are average height too, then once I'm a healthy size I can actually see how something might look on me instead of someone who is half a foot taller than me.

The models on that site are all lovely, plus size or not.
  • Darn...this site does almost nothing for me! A 5'7" model at a size 10 looks like me at my ideal weight of 115 and a size 4-6...because I'm almost a size 10 right now! But I'm 5'2"!!!

Let's get some shorty models in here!
  • Oh my - Athena has almost my exact measurements but she is TWO inches taller than I am! So I am a Featherweight here but bigger than a "Plus-Sized" model.

Also, the sizes they are giving are clearly designer or pattern sizes, which makes sense but it doesn't compare to what regular people shopping at regular stores consider to be their size. Athena is listed as an 8/10... and I tried on a size 4 yesterday and it was too big (I don't remember the brand - but it was a somewhat upscale label sold at Nordstrom) - I am almost always a 4/6 now. But the ridiculousness of inconsistent sizing is a completely different issue...

Thanks so much for posting this! These women are all gorgeous and it's nice to get some perspective.
  • I personally find Monica the most beautiful - the way she looks in the lingerie picture is kind of how I ideally picture myself at my currently goal weight. Though all of these women are TALL - I'm such a shorty!

I can't imagine myself ever not being a double digit size... even a 12 or 10 seems small! Maybe when I get closer to 165 I'll think differently, but I can't imagine being a size 4 or 6 (for instance). Mostly because my best friend (a guy) can wear a 4 or 6 long in girl pants. His equivalent guys size is a 28 or 29 waist... so tiny!
  • A lot of them don't look anything close to overweight. They look "healthy" (and I don't mean that euphemistically).

Geez, one had a lingerie shot - not a single roll or even sag in the tummy, great hourglass figure. Size 10/12, my height.. yes she may be my new role model. ("Julie L")
  • I think they're all beautiful. But, I have a thing for women with curves I guess. Same with guys, not curves but just not like a pole (no offense to anyone). My ideal size is 12 or 14 though that isn't correct by health standards I just can't see myself smaller. My hips and bust are way too huge to look normal as a classified "skinny" person lol. Go sexy curvy women!
  • I'm truly astonished that some of those women are considered plus-sized. I went through that whole list, and many of them I'd never imagine thinking "There goes a plus-sized woman!" I mean some of them even have a 29 inch waist! I WANT A 29 INCH WAIST, PLEASE!
  • Whoever determined that a woman at a size 8/10 is "plus sized" is on crack. Or vain and shallow. Either one.
  • Quote: Whoever determined that a woman at a size 8/10 is "plus sized" is on crack. Or vain and shallow. Either one.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Size 10 used to be average for a woman, when did we move away from that?
  • Quote: I'm truly astonished that some of those women are considered plus-sized. I went through that whole list, and many of them I'd never imagine thinking "There goes a plus-sized woman!" I mean some of them even have a 29 inch waist! I WANT A 29 INCH WAIST, PLEASE!
    I know!! It makes me depressed that a size 8/10 is considered a plus size, and thats on a tall woman to boot!!

Still I'd rather be a plus and keep all my lovely curves than become a bean pole.
  • Quote: I was just thinking the same thing. Size 10 used to be average for a woman, when did we move away from that?
    Same depressing realization here I remember looking at old wedding dresses from the '50s and '60s in an antique shop...a size 10 back then is comparable to a 14 now.
  • Im about 6ft tall and to be a size 10 would be heavenly..I dont know why anyone would want to be sickly thin..There are magazines and stats and polls and all kinds of things out there saying that men like there women to look healthy and curvy and have some plumpness..They even say that if a breast doesnt take up the cup of your hand , then its too small and if it goes over...its too big..what does that say!!..it says that they like a women healthy with good looks..

God.. i would never ever want to be a size 6...i cant imagine .
    I used to love my body when i was a size 30..aka..12/13 And excuse me but i want to keep my breasts thank you very much.. i dont want to wear no push up pump up bra..I like my ladies as they are!
  • Quote: They even say that if a breast doesnt take up the cup of your hand , then its too small and if it goes over...its too big..what does that say!!..it says that they like a women healthy with good looks
    There are naturally slender women out there, just as there are women out there who are going to be naturally thicker.

Average woman does not mean "you're only allowed to be attractive if you look like this". There are women of all shapes and sizes that I've found to be beautiful. Thin, average, and heavy.

As far as the poll goes... well I enjoy men with a **** that rivals a **** star. It's nice to list our wants, isn't it?