General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #76  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

HELP ME!

All this video game talk and spare time on my hands has got me craving my old MMO!
I played FFXI online for 3-4 years. I told myself it wasn't an addiction, but my god it was! I deleted, DELETED, my high level character with lovely gear so I wouldn't be tempted to go back... now I keep thinking about it.

UGH! I need some FFXII farming maybe... or something to fill the void. O.O
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iianae View Post
Gamer here for years. Everquest, EQ2, WOW, RIFT...
You sound like me!

I love MMOs, been playing since I was 13 (I'm 28 now).

I can't even list all that I've tried but the ones I stuck with a while:
The Realm Online, Ultima Online, Everquest 1, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Rift.

Did I mention I took a week off work when Final Fantasy XIV came out? I was the highest Alchemist on the server by about 3 levels at the end of it.

I've never been addicted enough that it's hurt my work or school life but I'd probably have been more social if I weren't playing EQ most of the summer in highschool.

I dream of the day there are fully interactive virtual worlds.. honestly if there were an online world where I actually had to get off my butt and walk to get around I would get way more exercise lol. I even hooked up my Xbox Kinect to my PC and mapped enough gestures that I could play! I got a Worgen Priest up to lvl 10 doing that, but there just aren't enough unique gestures for all the spells yet. I need something where I can wave my arms a certain way to trigger magic and then yell "Expalliarmus" or "Sectum Sempre!" and it'll figure out which spell by voice recognition.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouslyYours View Post
That's a good point. Do any of you have Dance Central for Xbox/Kinect, also have XBL, and want to play together sometime? I always want to try it with a friend via XBL, but none of the guys I game with play Dance Central... lol
I do!!

I would like to, can you actually play together? or just compare scores?

Also.. and this is awkward.. I typically play in a bra and underwear and I'm a little paranoid about playing in Kinect (with that camera) on the internet.. I turned off photos but.. it's not going to randomly take photos of me while playing online and send them out, would it?

I haven't played in a month and I forget my gamertag but I will look for it...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cats View Post
I do!!

I would like to, can you actually play together? or just compare scores?

Also.. and this is awkward.. I typically play in a bra and underwear and I'm a little paranoid about playing in Kinect (with that camera) on the internet.. I turned off photos but.. it's not going to randomly take photos of me while playing online and send them out, would it?

I haven't played in a month and I forget my gamertag but I will look for it...
Awesome! I'm excited! I'm not really sure how it works, but I know there's a 2-player mode, so I know you can play with a friend via XBL. I'll PM you my gamertag!
AnonymouslyYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade903 View Post
I LOVED Borderlands. That must be the only game in recent times that I finished all the way through.
I'm a recovering WOW addict (guess I'm the only "for the Alliance" on here, huh?). I tend to get bored with it if I'm playing alone, though. Played a bit after Cataclysm was released. Broke up with my then boyfriend and haven't touched it since.
Started playing Rift yesterday, it is a nice change.
I'm going to get Elder Scrolls IV on xbox soon. I'm debating if I should just get it now or wait two weeks for the "5th year anniversary" edition.
I have a Kinect, but my bedroom is too small so I only play it when I'm at my parents' house.

Shoot now that I'm single I feel like I should game more. Everyone seems to have met their SO via gaming. Awesome!
I'm alliance as well on wow. just never liked the horde except the tauren.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 AM   #81  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Yes I do have that song, in fact I have all the SH soundtracks that Akira did! He's a genius I say. Looking back at your post, you've got a LOT of games on there that makes me feel like we'd get along very well . Do you love the Xenogears theme song as much as I do?! I watched my boyfriend play Fatal Frame 2 and I shat myself on a few occasions, haha! I get so scared in horror games it's untrue.

I think Nobuo Uematsu is another genius in terms of soundtracks, I can't imagine what the classic FF games would sound like without him. So sad he's not doing their music anymore =/. The guy who did 13 was ok, had some good moments but a lot was filler music.

Yeah, there is a certain charm to it... that part when Lisa's eyes start to bleed and he's like "*shove* URGGHEAHAHAH!" - hilarious.
They're releasing a HD remix of Silent Hill 2 with new voice acting have you heard? Might be interesting!
I didn't know they were releasing a remix of SH2. I'm definitely interested, though. Nobuo Uematsu is one of my favorites too, which is why Chrono Cross is one of my favorite soundtracks. I didn't know he wasn't doing the music anymore. I have barely touched the newer FF to know what the music sounds like.

Fatal Frame 2 is awesome. I remember playing it all the time when I was 16.

The music in Xenogears was really good, so yes!
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

New COD Black Ops map pack is by FAR the best one of the three so far. Just sayin.
AnonymouslyYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Well I am not sure that I would consider myself a gamer because I am TERRIBLE at them. My husband totally is and I play most games with him but sometimes I am so bad that I die and it kills him and than I just watch. LOL

Really like old games though Mario anything is up my alley.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #84  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cats View Post
I dream of the day there are fully interactive virtual worlds.. honestly if there were an online world where I actually had to get off my butt and walk to get around I would get way more exercise lol. I even hooked up my Xbox Kinect to my PC and mapped enough gestures that I could play! I got a Worgen Priest up to lvl 10 doing that, but there just aren't enough unique gestures for all the spells yet. I need something where I can wave my arms a certain way to trigger magic and then yell "Expalliarmus" or "Sectum Sempre!" and it'll figure out which spell by voice recognition.
Totally!! I WISH Diablo 3 were going to be for Wii - I can't imagine a faster way for me to exercise into complete fatigue.

That is so cool you can do that with the Kinect! I had no idea that was possible.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Totally!! I WISH Diablo 3 were going to be for Wii - I can't imagine a faster way for me to exercise into complete fatigue.

That is so cool you can do that with the Kinect! I had no idea that was possible.
It's pretty cool! And not that "techie" - I didn't do any coding or anything like that. The program was developed at the Uni of S Cali; here's a video of them demoing it with WoW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw

It also took some pretty inventive usage of macros to do things like turn in quests and accept new quests (I mapped it to kicking my right foot). The problem is the WoW interface is so heavily menu based it ended up with a lot of macros to navigate quest dialog boxes and that sort of thing - and I shudder to think of trying to do something like heal a party with all the necessary targeting. I *thought* about trying to code an entirely new WoW LUA UI to be more ideal for Kinect interaction, but it still wouldn't change the basic menu / inventory / group interactions, just how they display.

"Smite" was a fun spell to cast because I made it a slash motion with my right hand across my body and it mirrored the spell animation.

Edited to add: Actually I'm wondering if Diablo 3 wouldn't be perfect for something like macroing the Kinect to it... there's only a few spells and hotkeys and it's typically non-stop action till you go to town... though targeting would be really tough. Hmm. Well it's not like I wasn't always shooting my groupmates in the butt as an Amazon in D1 anyway.

Last edited by my2cats; 06-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #86  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
HELP ME!

All this video game talk and spare time on my hands has got me craving my old MMO!
I played FFXI online for 3-4 years. I told myself it wasn't an addiction, but my god it was! I deleted, DELETED, my high level character with lovely gear so I wouldn't be tempted to go back... now I keep thinking about it.

UGH! I need some FFXII farming maybe... or something to fill the void. O.O
I lived on FFXI for a long time... gosh I loved my character. I actually met my husband while playing FFXI.

But it was totally an addiction. I quit when I got frustrated with the in-game economy and realized I'd never be able to afford all the stuff I needed to do fun things at the end. I gave EVERYTHING away off of my toons, and then deleted the characters.

Was fun while it lasted, though!

I hear ya, I need a nice game to immerse myself in for a few. I might play Portal 2. I picked it up, but have yet to start it. Or maybe I'll look for another pretty game!

PS - I love how huge this thread is. Sure are a lot of game lovin' folks around

Last edited by Lovely; 06-30-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #87  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

I am REALLY bad at video games although I do love my old school Super Mario Brothers on my DS! hehe Also there is this video game that my husband & kids suckered me into....its called Burnout....some driving game. I love it cuz there are sections where you get to blow up your competition! LOL
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 197.6/185.2/150

Height: 5'3

Me and my fiance like to game...We have all the systems (PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii). Right now, we're replaying Gears of War since Gears of War 3 is coming out in September. We love to play Call of Duty together and believe it or not, we will destroy anyone in Mario Kart on the Wii. Even though we play some of the violent games, we love us some Mario Kart!!
Angelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #89  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Lovely: How far did you get? What character were you?
I was 75 rdm, 66 thf, 40 war, 37 nin, 56 mnk, 43 whm, 37 blm, 10 bst, Mithra from Sandy. XD
I hated nin... but a rdm/nin was a deadly combination for many solo jobs. I had capped all skills on rdm. ^0^ and was attempting to cap eva on thf. Would have been so cool getting a thf to 75. T.T
The economy did get worse, and so did a few other things. Once they added level sync you could still level and power level at lower levels, so that was nice, but it wasn't good for stat building. People moved over to WoW too much. ><
It was REALLY a blast when I first started. I keep telling myself I'll have to start from the beginning, level grinding and low level farming, then all those quests and missions I hated or struggled with, I'll have to go threw again and that might be more of a pain considering most people on the servers have probably done the ones I need... so finding a party will be so hard....

<.< Too bad I did delete my character... she had a lot of lovely gear I worked so hard for...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Yay, geek thread!

My hubbie and I are huge gamers. I've been gaming in various forms since I was a child. So many games I can't list them all! I'll list a summary though.

Consoles I've owned: Atari, Original Nintendo, Sony Genesis, Super Nintendo, N64, PS1, PS2, XBOX 360

Table Top RPGs: Dungeons & Dragons (Every addition from 2nd to 4th), Shadowrun, Dresden, Vampire the Masquerade

Multi-player Gaming: MUDS (Multi-user Dungeons), Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Kingdom of Loathing, Urban Dead

Computer gaming: Civilization, Diablo, Doom, First Person Shooters, Fallout, etc

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I was even heavily into Facebook games for a while - Farmville, Cafe World, Vampire Wars, Mafia Wars, etc..

My husband and I also collect interesting and challenging board games. Some examples: Arkham Horror, Descent, Dominion, Carcassonne

I completely go through cycles with my gaming. Right now I am heavily into XBOX 360 games. We got an XBOX 360 last December for XMAS finally. (We had been waiting for the price to go down. Ha!) Some of the games I've really enjoyed in the past few months: Dragon Age, Dragon Age:Origins, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Fable 3, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Dance Central, You Don't Know Jack

Lately I've really been enjoying playing Left 4 Dead online in versus mode.

So yeah, I game just.. a little.

Last edited by Renwomin; 06-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote