People who do not wipe down the machines at the gym after using them. arrghhh this really makes me cringe.
Yes, I agree that it's gross if someone has sweat all over the machine and doesn't clean up after themselves.
But...what if someone is not sweaty?
In the gym where I work, there are folks who totally FREAK out when someone else has not wiped down their machine. I always wipe it for these people, but if it's not totally wet with sweat from the previous person, I remind the client that nobody wiped down the door handle to the gym after they got in there. Yes, there are germs, but you have to expose yourself to them to maintain resistance to them.
I'm not saying that we should all risk getting ring worm or whatever, but in proper perspective, there is no wiping down of anything public to prevent exposure to all germs...and it's OK.
Oh the many many things that annoy me but my absolute top 5 are:
1) Reading my FB news feed and coming across this : it wuz nice 2 c u 2day i injoyed our time 2gthr it flt lik 4 evr since i last saw u.
I want to scream when I read that really because spelling out the actual word is to hard??!
2) Don't post all your business on Facebook and then complain why people know your business...Um hello you told everyone on your dang friends list!!!
3) Getting yelled at like a child when clearly I am an adult who acts as such and deserves to be treated like one. I understand your anger but there is no need to yell so loud that the neighbors can hear.
4) Picking fights in a public setting...I again the adult will not respond to your foolishness instead I will walk away imagining that I just karate kicked you in the head or anything that would make me smile because I do not want to deal with you at that moment.
5) People who do not take care of their kids...for example my SIL has a bratty 9 yr old and when we go visit my in-laws she thinks it's ok to go to her room and let her demon spawn drive me nuts while she talks on the phone with her man. *sigh* I have a two year old and guess what? I DON'T WANT TO WATCH YOUR KID!!!
Actually I have one more I want to sneak in because I had to deal with it rather recently and it still irks me just to think about it.
6) Don't pick a fight with me and then an hour later try to act like nothing happened just because you didn't get the reaction you wanted doesn't mean that I am over it. Actually I am far from over it my friend so just step back and let me sort out my thoughts...NOW!!
Well I feel much better now
One for every 5 lbs lost:
Last edited by NiteOwlMommy : 07-06-2011 at 06:36 AM.
And right now I am terribly annoyed that the squirrels keep getting into my bird feeders and the birds are left with no food. I already have to take the feeders down at night so the raccoons won't get in them. I just hate to quit feeding the birds as we enjoy them so much.
I have never had this problem with squirrels, but I heard about something that is supposed to keep them out of bird feeders. Take an empty 2 liter soda bottle and cut a hole in the bottom. Fit it down over the pole of the bird feeder (assuming your bird feeder is on a pole) The hole in the top and bottom have to be just the right size so the bottle will stay in place. Supposedly the squirrels can't climb up past the bottle and therefore can't get into the feeder.
I get very annoyed walking behind people that are incredibly slow. I have things to do and step to one side if you are talking a slow stroll. Walmart during the holidays is like a death sentence to me.
This isn't too bad when there's one slow person and you can go around them, but sometimes there's 5 people and they are spread all the way across the aisle. And they get annoyed if you say "Excuse Me" to try to get by!. Oh, and what about when they all decide to stop mid-aisle and have a conversation? LOL
4. People who, when they are in a construction zone, drive all the way up to front of the line and then cut in. Nobody should ever let those people in, and maybe that would not happen.
Here's my take on this. I live in Pittsburgh PA, the land of construction zones. Many times PenDot has announced through the media that when in a construction zone, form 2 lines up to the merge point and then take turns letting one car from each line into the one-lane zone. That way, you don't have one long lane of cars that stretches for miles. This only works if each lane is willing to "take turns".
I know a lot of people have listed "bad spelling" or "bad grammar" as things that annoy them. I used to be like that, so I know exactly how you feel. But I married a man who cannot spell worth a darn and uses very poor grammar. Not only is he a wonderful man whom I love and he loves me unconditionally, but he is very mechanically inclined and can fix anything. He is always willing to help others, such as neighbors who are having a problem. He will stop along the road if someone has their hood up, even though I keep telling him that can be a dangerous thing to do because sometimes it's a ploy to rob you. I have learned to be more tolerant of spelling and grammar problems because of him. I no longer correct him as I know it's embarassing to him. I am much less tolerant of those who are rude and hurtful to others and know they're doing it.
Then I guess I can add some more to the list and you'll know what I'm talking about:
- Ratzafrackin' Applebee's customers need to stop taking up valuable Barnes & Noble parking spaces!
- Why oh WHY are there no left turns on Tulane Avenue!?
- Yes, Bourbon Street's shut off to traffic much of the time--but that doesn't mean the cross streets are too and that no one ever needs to look as they're walking along the street!
- Why won't someone take pity on us and remove Deke Bellavia from Sports Talk? Bobby Hebert can stay because I could listen to his accent all day.
- The number one thing that's annoying me right now: the NFL lockout. C'mon, we finally get the kind of team that could actually be a perennial contender like the 49ers and the Rams were when they were in our division and there might not be a season? Drew Brees's arm shouldn't have to wait.
Yes all of these things!!!!
And just two more of my own (seeing as someone will understand them!)
Sidewalks in the Quarter: The hordes of drunk people (aka tourists in 95% of the cases, sorry) at all hours of the day, crowding around and walking so slowly that it takes five minutes to walk a block. This often means I have to walk around them into the street, which is fine, except when I get French Quarter syphilis water on my feet/ankles, in which case I can feel the diseases creeping into my system.
Mardi Gras beads when it is not Mardi Gras: It is currently July, not Mardi Gras Season, let's stop wearing those beads so my desire to rip them off of your neck lessens a little bit.
I work for a veterinarian, small practice, the Doc, the Vet Tech and me. This afternoon, I'm an Army of one. I'm on the phone in the back with a client with a sick dog. I hear the front door chimes go off. Before that even quits, client has hit the "I need help" buzzer. I holler, "one moment" get off phone with client with sick dog, to find a client, who is just dropping off a payment. GRR!
We have a certain amount of clients who do this. They walk in and if no one is at the front desk they don't even wait for the chimes to quit they just lean on the bell!
IT'S 3 STEPS! Has it ever occurred to you we might be busy with a real emergency? Or that we are working, or what ever. We can't always drop what we're doing. Sometimes we need a minute. Have patience!
We have one guy who comes in and leans on the bell even if we are all standing right there! One of these days, I swear I'm going to break his fingers!
3+ year maintainer.
The human body is capable of amazing things! But without the mind, it is nothing. Get your mind in gear and the body will follow!
Be selfish about caring for yourself, you deserve it!
Weight Watcher leader! But always a Member first!