Things that Annoy you

You're on Page 5 of 12
Go to
  • Snooki
  • Pre recorded telemarketing calls, and telemarketers. I am glad these folks have a job, BUT!

I answered the phone the other day at WORK. We were busy. I work for a Veterinarian, in a small community of about 10,000 pops. We were doing an emergency surgery and had several folks waiting patiently with their pets for their turn.

I answer the phone, to a guy with a foreign accent, who does not say hi, boo, nothing, just wants to know if I have diabetes! If we would not have had clients sitting there, I would have said "NO", but I have herpes and my husband has ED, can ya help me out?

I really am glad these people are employed, but I really wish they would listen. When I answer the phone at work and I say, "Good morning, Sidney Veterinary Hospital", that should be a BIG CLUE! Especially the HOSPITAL part. It such a waste of our time, when we have more important things to do. And now, I'm getting that junk on my cell phone!

To Rainbow Girl, and dog training, I do understand where you are coming from. Labs are intelligent, however until they get to be about 3 they have the attention span of gnat. Hang in there it will get better!
  • One thing that bugs me about 3fc, is the folks that don't know the difference between lose and loose. Folks you don't loose weight! Makes me think of shaky, loose bowels.
  • [QUOTE=

People who don't wash their hands when leaving a public bathroom[/QUOTE]

I actually did this once. But, I was at a college football game and the restroom had a big ole trough of running water, and ONE lonely bar of soap that everyone had to share. ICK! I know where my hands have been, not sticking them in that slimy bar of soap everyone else was sharing AFTER they WENT!
  • Another thing that annoys me is people who use the whole Politically Correct platform to try to bully their way into a better deal or what ever.

I have 2 great friends, one is a lesbian, the other is as gay is the day is long. I love these folks.

However, at work we had lesbian couple, who tried, in vain, to turn their sexual orientaion into free veterinary care for their pets.

We don't care if you're gay or black or hispanic and can't speak English, or fat or skinny or riddled with meth mites, or purple with green spots. Our job is to give your pet the best care we are able, and that is what we do.
  • My pet peeves are:

When people spell the word "a lot" as "alot" When people don't know the difference between the word "lose" and "loose" Seriously, once on tv, they played the movie "How to Loose a Guy in 10 days" Really?

My DH and MIL say that they are "flusterated" instead of "frustrated." It drives me insane.

When my in-laws try to subtly tell me how to raise my child. It irks me. I just get this impression that they think they know my baby's needs better than me.
    When the tv is blaring!
    When my MIL subtly hints that I don't need to lose anymore weight and that I lost my weight too fast. She says it took her 3 years to lose her 50 lbs. She said 30 lbs lost in 3 months was too fast (talking about her friend who did that) IMO, one can lose 50 lbs in 6-8 months and it would be fine, if they were healthy and worked out. It just is irritating that she tries to tell me what is healthy when she does not work out, and does not eat healthy. I think she lost 50 lbs in 3 years due to lack of eating from her stress.

When my in-laws try to push their food and desserts on me. I'll eat dinner there, but they always encourage me to go back for seconds.

There is a lot more, but I am too tired to type them now.
  • Quote:
    It is astonishing how many people just do not think of retail sales clerks as human beings at all. At least, that's what I assume they're thinking, because they feel free to gab on their phones, fail to acknowledge a polite greeting or even make eye contact, and make no attempt to pick up stuff they knock over because "that's her job, not mine."
    D
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have worked countless retail jobs in the heart of the city, and I am still dumb-founded at how people treat me like I'm less of a human-being and a lazy, slob somehow.
    I once worked at a chocolate factory (before my weight gain... it started the downward spiral), we sold a ton of goodies on the mall, much like Godiva but with a TON more options. We had to wear a uniform and we got really busy sometimes. One day we were slammed and it was my break time. By law I have to take one and they don't pay retail enough money for me to not sit down on an 8 hour shift. So, I headed outside with my lunch, sat down right outside the store on a little stool and started a break. A woman followed me out of the store and literally walked up to me saying: "Hey! I want a chocolate strawberry. I need 12 of them." Then just looked at me expectantly.
    I swallowed my bite and told her that she would have to go in the store and wait in line, that I was on my break. The woman just tapped her foot huffed and said, "I don't see why you can't just get it for me now. I'm in a bit of a rush!"
    I replied as kindly as possible, "Ma'am... I'm on a break. I only get 30 minutes. In 30 minutes my co-worker needs theirs. This is really the only time at all today I get to eat... so... why don't you go wait in line and I'm sure someone on the clock will be right with you." (I probably had a bit of annoyance in my tone I'll admit...)
    She literally freaked out. Yelled at me about me be a "Lazy, uneducated, good-for-nothing." Said I didn't have any thing better to do and if I was intelligent I would get a job where I would be allowed to have a decent break.
    That was the last straw, I'm a f*cking human and just don't need to put up with that. Don't blatantly insult me EVER.
    I calmly stood up, looked her right in the eye and said, "MISS, I'm a 4.0 GPA in the Colorado University and I plan on getting my masters. In fact, a lot of people in retail are getting a degree of some kind. It's not that we aren't intelligent, it's not that we are lazy, it's just that we do what we have to do to pay our bills. You have NO right to assume I'm not deserving of a 30 minute break during my 8 hour work day where I'm on my feet all day long and then go home to do homework. You can wait in line... or you can just shop somewhere else."
    She then threatened my job and the usual, "I'm never shopping here again..." I restrained stating the obvious, "we are so busy you can't walk to the register... it happens daily... clearly we don't need your business... I doubt your the kind of person to give good reviews ANYWAY."

I just HATE people... I do lose it sometimes. I use to be SO nice to people and patient. These days, I really do have a short fuse. I'm not using bad experiences as an excuse, but I just don't like being pushed around anymore. A girl shouldn't have a scar from a Bible being chucked at her head!

/rant /rant /rant

I also agree with another poster about the religion thing. I hate when people tell me my beliefs are wrong or try to counter anything I say with "you're wrong" and "that's stupid." I'm agnostic, but for the most part atheist. I was raised strong Catholic and when I got older my mother decided she couldn't stomach the church anymore. Tried a lot of religions, studied them like crazy. She even learned to read and write Latin and Hebrew in college. I've been dragged into temples, churches, synagogs, and the like. Everything but Muslim religions really. After learning a lot about so many religions, my sister chose to be a Pagan (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH WICCA OR WITCHES OR DEVIL WORSHIP!!!!!!!) and my mother moved over to simply agnostic.
    I personally believe that nothing can be proven, nor dis-proven. I'm scientific in that so far I believe in certain things. However, until there is actual evidence I won't lean either way. Science is always changing, people are always learning new things. Once we thought the Earth was flat, now we know it's round. I like history as well, but even if religions had a way of seeming evil in the past, it doesn't mean they will stay that way in the future. Faith can truly be a beautiful thing. Believing in something, supporting others, communities uniting together, faith in good and trying not to be "evil." All that is WONDERFUL no matter how you worship.
  • Oh here's one! People who come up to me and say "Nihao" or "Konnichi wa." Fine if I am in China or Japan as those are the lingua franca but in the U.S. I have had so many people try to start conversations that way, or worse men thinking they're sooo slick and worldly using it as a pickup line. I understand that 1/6 of the world's population is Chinese but it still just reminds me of being a kid in school and having kids call me ching chong on the school bus asking me if I can see.
  • People who say "I'm not racist/homophobic/etc BUT..." and then proceed to say the most ignorant, generalizing things ever.

People who say things they should only think: If you know that what you're about to say is hurtful, mean, and unhelpful why say it in the first place?

People with no sense of personal boundaries: Apparently, there's a lot of people who never learned to keep their hands to themselves in kindergarten. I don't know you, and I have no idea where your hands have been. So no, you can't touch my hair. It's creepy and invasive.

People who let their children do whatever they please in shared spaces: I'm not talking about children who have some sort of spectrum/behavioral disorder because those parents are the ones who try to have some sort of control over the situation if their child melts down. I'm talking about entitled parents who think that their spoiled little brat's horrible behavior is completely awesome and everyone should put up with it. My annoyance is doubled if it's a non-child friendly space (ie: An R rated movie at 9pm on a weekday, a nice restaurant in the late evening, etc).

TMI with the cellphone: It's none of my business if you have crabs/your boyfriend/girlfriend is cheating/how your stocks are doing/your daughter is pregnant and you're going to beat her down when you get home. Please stop making it EVERYONE's business by shouting it out on the subway!

Drive-by dog doo: You know your dog did it. Clean it up!

Littering in public parks: Look over there, there's a trashcan 15 feet away from you! Pick your trash up and throw it away!
  • Im with kurisitaru - I work in Denver, I've had those jobs and those experiences and dont get me wrong I see myself as a fairly tolerant individual, but do people seriously have to be such ****ing selfish conceited apes?
    Ah well heaven forbid you should show gratitude for the extravagantly lavish (by comparison to most of the rest of the world) life you've been given.
    So maybe you could guess that people without a sense of courtesy are one of my main sources of anoyance.
    ....sorry, im getting down off the soap box now...
    oh, yeah and i'm also totally on board with the whole grocery cart in the achilles tendon thing
  • Quote: One thing that bugs me about 3fc, is the folks that don't know the difference between lose and loose. Folks you don't lose weight! Makes me think of shaky, loose bowels.

You do lose weight. You don't loose weight.
  • Quote: ^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have worked countless retail jobs in the heart of the city, and I am still dumb-founded at how people treat me like I'm less of a human-being and a lazy, slob somehow.
    I once worked at a chocolate factory (before my weight gain... it started the downward spiral), we sold a ton of goodies on the mall, much like Godiva but with a TON more options. We had to wear a uniform and we got really busy sometimes. One day we were slammed and it was my break time. By law I have to take one and they don't pay retail enough money for me to not sit down on an 8 hour shift. So, I headed outside with my lunch, sat down right outside the store on a little stool and started a break. A woman followed me out of the store and literally walked up to me saying: "Hey! I want a chocolate strawberry. I need 12 of them." Then just looked at me expectantly.
    I swallowed my bite and told her that she would have to go in the store and wait in line, that I was on my break. The woman just tapped her foot huffed and said, "I don't see why you can't just get it for me now. I'm in a bit of a rush!"
    I replied as kindly as possible, "Ma'am... I'm on a break. I only get 30 minutes. In 30 minutes my co-worker needs theirs. This is really the only time at all today I get to eat... so... why don't you go wait in line and I'm sure someone on the clock will be right with you." (I probably had a bit of annoyance in my tone I'll admit...)
    She literally freaked out. Yelled at me about me be a "Lazy, uneducated, good-for-nothing." Said I didn't have any thing better to do and if I was intelligent I would get a job where I would be allowed to have a decent break.
    That was the last straw, I'm a f*cking human and just don't need to put up with that. Don't blatantly insult me EVER.
    I calmly stood up, looked her right in the eye and said, "MISS, I'm a 4.0 GPA in the Colorado University and I plan on getting my masters. In fact, a lot of people in retail are getting a degree of some kind. It's not that we aren't intelligent, it's not that we are lazy, it's just that we do what we have to do to pay our bills. You have NO right to assume I'm not deserving of a 30 minute break during my 8 hour work day where I'm on my feet all day long and then go home to do homework. You can wait in line... or you can just shop somewhere else."
    She then threatened my job and the usual, "I'm never shopping here again..." I restrained stating the obvious, "we are so busy you can't walk to the register... it happens daily... clearly we don't need your business... I doubt your the kind of person to give good reviews ANYWAY."

I just HATE people... I do lose it sometimes. I use to be SO nice to people and patient. These days, I really do have a short fuse. I'm not using bad experiences as an excuse, but I just don't like being pushed around anymore. A girl shouldn't have a scar from a Bible being chucked at her head!

/rant /rant /rant

I absolutely agree with you about this! I started working in retail when I was 15 and still in High School. I remember being yelled at by customers as a 15 years old and simply having to look at them and say : "What do you expect a 15 year old junior to do?? How would you feel if someone walked into a store your daughter was working in and yelled at them for something completely out of their control?" The worst part is the people that are the worst for being rude and horrible are the women who are desperately trying to climb the social ladder, who don't earn their own money and think that their sh*t don't stink. God these people make me so unhappy!

I am also working my way through university by working in retail and can say that I would never treat my dog the way some people treat me.
  • Big city people visiting my small town lake. No, we don't all have to drive our boats clock-wise up here. Before you got here, I was all alone. And I like it better that way.

Boaters who have NO CLUE what they're doing. READ THE BOATER SAFETY PAMPLET! YES, you MUST remain 100 feet away from my dock! YES, your boat must stay 200' away from mine when we're underway! NO!!! YOU CANNOT JUMP MY WAKE WITH YOUR WAVE RUNNER! Especially while I'm towing my kids on their skis or tube!

No wonder there are fatalities every once in a while. Seesh!
  • Quote: Snooki
    THIS^!!! What is a Snooki anyways?
  • It really annoys me when people starve themself to try and lose weight. Drives me possibly insane...the notion that because they allowed themselves to become obese/overweight, they must now suddenly PUNISH themselves. I want to scream at the top of my lungs STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! You are ruining your metabolism, losing muscle and sabotoguing any hopes of actually losing the weight and reaching a normal healthy BMI.

I don't get mad at the people...I just get frustrated, cuz I know if I say something...I'll get the "who does she think she is" attitude back...so I must stand by idly and watch these people hurt themselves knowing they are destined to fail given there relationship with food!

That's another thing that's annoying...watching a person's behavior or relationship with food that will assure failure (whether here at 3fc or in real life) and being powerless to stop it.