General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Hey Delta Airline - Great Way to Treat Returning Soldiers!

This is the same airline whose rep asked me when my mom was going to die so they could book my return trip.

I hope they refund ALL those people's money AND give them free personal travel for a while.

http://www.ajc.com/business/delta-ch...cy-970646.html
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I flew Delta/Northwest once a few years ago and it was the WORST experience I've ever had with an airline.

From that moment on, I decided to never give that airline another cent of my money. Horrible, horrible operations and customer service!

Last edited by Cali Doll; 06-08-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

wow. welcome home, huh?!?! typical airline behavior.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 368/336/165

Height: 5'6"

It's a big business and, to 99.99% of big businesses, you are a number. You're not a person. It doesn't matter who you are just so long as they get their money. This is not surprising to me at all.
iHeartU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have also had a trip from **** courtesy of Delta Airlines.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

that is AWFUL!!!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I've had fairly good experiences with Delta.

My one question would be, why would soldiers be paying for their way home? Shouldn't the military be paying for that?

If I go on a business trip and get charged a bag fee, my company covers that expense, I'd expect it to be the same with the military. I know the military used to fly a lot of planes themselves but it seems like they found it cheaper overall to use commercial airlines.

It sounds like they were over the military bag limit by 1 and were mischarged by someone. I don't see a problem with them being charged for excess baggage but it shouldn't be coming out of their own pockets.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Nelie,

If they were traveling in something other than coach, the 4th bag would have been allowed. As far as the gov't picking it up, IA, however, the airline person isn't going to send the bill to the gov't. This is only Delta. I wonder if United or any others would have or has charged.

Delta just got caught.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

No the airline isn't going to send the bill to the government, that is how reimbursement works. The soldiers themselves shouldn't be paying out of their pocket and even if they got charged for a baggage fee, they should get reimbursed for it. I still don't see what the problem is as Delta is a commercial airline, the soldiers were flying coach, had 1 extra bag, etc. So Delta now increased their bag limit to 4 bags but what happens if the next soldier has 5 bags? They will get charged a bag fee as well. It makes sense for a commercial company to charge for their services, whether or not their customer is military personnel. It looks like they were already giving some leeway at the 3 bag limit without charge for military.

The more bags that people have, the more it costs for fuel as well as the more space they take and less space they can use for other things including any potential cargo services they do.

And if the military isn't paying for all their flight services including potential luggage fees than I think that would be a pretty major problem.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #10  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
The more bags that people have, the more it costs for fuel as well as the more space they take and less space they can use for other things including any potential cargo services they do.
I so totally agree with this.