I got the dreaded call this morning. I did not get the full time teaching job. The person who got it already has certification to teach adapted phy ed, I do not. The person who got it is my boss.
I live in a small community and phy ed teaching jobs are few and far between. Plus, there is a government proposal that would mean fewer phy ed teachers are needed. My degree is about to be useless to me.
1. Apply for my boss's current position = not a lot of pay, required working hours that interfere with my children being at home, no benefits, not a lot of fun, but it's work so that's to be expected.
2. Drum up business for personal training and continue teaching fitness classes at the gym and sub teach when I can = not a lot of pay, no benefits, and not a steady, reliable income, but I make my own hours and it never intereferes with my kids.
3. A totally different job in fitness - but what???
4. A totally different career = hard to do because the closest 4 year college is 2.5 hours away.
5. Fill in the blank. Any ideas?
I'm pretty bummed. Had my boss not applied for the same teaching job, it was MINE. I was a shoe-in. But $ talks and they would've had to spend $ for me to get the adapted certification.