General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Hello, my name is mare and I'm a fabricaholic.

I've been visiting the Fons & Porter page on FB. There were at a show recently. Oh my, the beautiful projects and fabric they are posting is making me weaken. My stash is full, but.......
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Ahhh, a quilter. I don't do quilting, but I too am a fabriholic! I go nuts when I get my Thai Silks fabric club swatches. And I'm considering remodeling a storage building behind my house to turn into my textile studio. I've been collecting as long as I can remember.

I look forward to going through my stash and making lovely things for me to wear...wishing I actually had the time to sew. Maybe after the kids have moved out. And I'm done with school. And I've written the great American novel. Or I'll just be buried with it all!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

I do more than quilting. As soon as I'm done with the quilts for my new twin granddaughters, I'm going back to a reverse applique that has been patiently waiting for almost a year.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
Ahhh, a quilter. I don't do quilting, but I too am a fabriholic! I go nuts when I get my Thai Silks fabric club swatches. And I'm considering remodeling a storage building behind my house to turn into my textile studio. I've been collecting as long as I can remember.

I look forward to going through my stash and making lovely things for me to wear...wishing I actually had the time to sew. Maybe after the kids have moved out. And I'm done with school. And I've written the great American novel. Or I'll just be buried with it all!
I got a message on FB from Kona Bay Fabrics. I'd never heard of them. I went onto their page and am now drooling and panting.

I am stuck with the smallest bedroom for my craft room. We have a wall bed in there so there is more room for my chair and stash boxes.

You have a whole storage building? I hate you! I'm so jealous. Where are you? It might not be comfy during certain parts of the year.

Last edited by cbmare; 05-17-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #5  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Add another fabricaholic to your list. Is there really such a thing as a full stash? Nope, didn't think so!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #6  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Oooh, and twin granddaughters- how wonderful. I have 5 year old twin girls; it's such a lovely blessing!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
Oooh, and twin granddaughters- how wonderful. I have 5 year old twin girls; it's such a lovely blessing!
Yep. They are 3 - 4 months younger than my great granddaughter. LOL.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #8  
maria

S/C/G: 214/180/154

Height: 5ft 7

I'm a cushion and throw aholic ..why do women have these addictions...is it a feathering the nest instinct..i'm just drawn to cosy throws and plump cushions !
MIMI 193 is offline   Reply With Quote