I SAID but SHE HEARD....

• The kids are coming over for Easter Dinner tonight, my job is the scalloped potatoes Angie takes care of the rest.

I prepare my potatoes ahead of time so I can just throw them in the oven for an hour or so. As I see it is near time to do that I call down to Angie from the kitchen..."Hey Babe, how long will it take to cook the ham?"

She says "About a half hour?"

"Are you sure? "

"YES! I am an expert at it!"

A while later after I throw my potatoes into the oven she comes up and says "You haven't put the ham in yet?"

"No, you said you could handle it and it would take a half hour"

"I NEVER said that!"

" I HEARD you say that!"

After a few minutes Angie realizes that I SAID "How long to cook the ham?" but she HEARD "How long to hem my pants?"

Dinner is gonna be a little late

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
  • Oh no!!! I'm giggling about this, but I hope your dinner turns out well. Have a Happy Easter, Gary!
  • oh no! im sure it will be worth the wait!!
    Happy Easter!!
  • Oh dang! That so sounds like my house. I'm sure that it will turn out good regardless.
  • Thanks Ladies....All went well! We had plenty of veggie and fruit trays to get us to a little later dinner than we planned.

Luckily the time lapse was not "ALL THAT" when it was said and done with but thinking about the "possible" situations was hilarious....luckily for me and my family a trip to the pantry for soup or the freezer for leftovers would be fine on this day of Holy Saturday!

P.S. I got to hold my GRANDbaby for several hours during the visit...yipeee!

Tomorrow I am on designated Grandpa duty if she gets out of control at church....wink
  • hahaha Too funny!
  • that's too funny. even when it's the two of us, we can struggle to get the meal done at a set time -- definitely an art (or honed skill of coordination)!

They gave all the kids Easter balloons at church this morning, too cute. They know the trick to keep them from escaping and floating to the ceiling too.

Happiest of Easters to you, Gary