Just wanting to share my newest cake creation

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's my son's 6th birthday, so he wanted a Cat in the Hat themed cake. We don't eat American Style cakes because my mother in law gags on them. So, it's a european style. it has a sponge cake texture and then the frosting is really a type of custard (eggs, milk, flour sugar, vanilla cook and then when cooled, butter is added). So, that's why the icing part looks a bit different. The decorations are made with regular American icing.

• Looks great! I bet the frosting is awesome. I'm not a cake girl but with that kind of custard frosting I could be!

We made a cake today too, but it was so sickly sweet I couldn't stand it. Kids loved it though.

I hope your son loved it. You did a great job!
  • Very cute! Tell Henry Happy Birthday for me!
  • Fabulous job!! That must have taken forever!
  • Wow -you did an amazing job! And the european style cake sounds delicious.
  • Wow! That looks amazing!
  • Thanks gals... I needed to share, because I baked and cooked and assembled last night. (these cakes taste better if refrigerated overnight). Then I spent two hours decorating it and then five minutes later we cut into it. It was worth it as Henry was thrilled and pointing to different things from the story, but it is a bit anticlimactic to put that much into something and then Poof! it's gone!
  • OMG, it looks heavenly!

• How stinkin' cute.

• What an absolutely awesome cake! I hope Henry had a great birthday.
  • look out Cake Boss.....
  • That looks worth the calories! You've got cake skills!
  • Your cake looks beautiful! I can see all the love you put into it. I hope your son had a wonderful birthday!
  • impressive!! would love a recipe or website if you have one for a euro-style cake! coworker made one today and it was amazing, i'd love to try making it myself.
  • Wow. That was a really awesome cake! You're very talented!