General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default Unemployed, but starting to get hopeful!

After losing sleep from worrying about what I am going to do without money and countless of applications and repeating the same exact information, I just finally got a job interview tomorrow. It's part-time though, and that's fine because I want to start school again in May. I don't want to get to hopeful and get let down, but I can't help but be so excited. I've been putting in applications everywhere and following them up abnd bugging managers. The interview is at fashion bug, one of the places I am hoping to get (I love shopping!). Of course, I know I am competing with other people too, but the other day when I went to turn my application in, luck just has it the manager was there and we talked some. I do whatever I can to make something about me stick to managers (my name, my perfume, and of course talking to them and not just turn my application and that's it). No one likes job hunting. But I know I'll get some job eventually. Wish me luck everyone!
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Good luck! Job hunting is no fund and with the ecomony the way it is, jobs, both good and bad are so hard to get.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #4  

Best of luck to you.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good luck! Sending : that you get the job!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Yay congrats on the interview! Keep us posted on how it goes!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I had my other interview with dunkin donuts. Not so happy about working around food because of temptations, but I can't afford to be picky. I like donuits, but not crazy about them. I think I may end up getting the dunkin donuts job. im really confident in interviews, but you never know with things.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/251/198

Height: 183 cm

hello,

and good luck for the job interview.
Nothing is more terrible than being unemployed.
better part time job than getting money by state.

best wishes
xgaynicole1984x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #9  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Good luck.

I was laid off on Christmas Eve. I've had jobs offered and rescinded because they couldn't come up with the money in the budget...despite offering the job. Before my layoff, I was offered a *great* position that was supposed to have started March 1st, but I was advised in late Feb that the project was pushed back six months (job is still mine when it starts).

I started looking in earnest in late Feb./early March since my offers fell through. I interviewed with 17 companies. I had 6 second round interviews. One third round.

....and I received two offers on Wednesday.

Hang in there. Persistence *will* pay off. If you don't hear back from them in a week, call and ask when they expect to fill the position. Also don't be surprised if it takes 2-3 weeks for them to do anything. That seems to be the norm right now.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote