General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default I am a Coke Zero Addict

I drink at least a litre of coke zero/diet coke a day. Today I have drank 3 litres of the stuff. Its zero cals (well near enough) But I feel like I'm replacing water with it.

What do you think? How bad is diet coke/coke zero for you? Should I give this habit the shove?
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #2  
Happy Member

I like the stuff.

I plan to continue drinking diet pop in its various manifestations for the rest of my life. I don't drink 3 liters of the stuff in one day, that does seem to be a bit excessive, but I will cheerfully drink a couple of cans of diet coke or pepsi every week or so.

I'm sure it is not good for me, but there are worse habits I could have. Should you abandon your habit? That's purely up to you.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 04-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

It's bad. For a whole mess of reasons. But MAN I love the stuff too. I will never give up coke zero no matter what. So lately I won't buy 12 packs because I'll just drink all of them. Now I keep them out of the house and one buy ONE once in a while when I'm out and about. Keep only water at your place and you'll drink it!

Last edited by corazonas; 04-13-2011 at 04:48 PM.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #4  

That is so true. My parents never allowed me to have fizzy pop when I as little and its like I've discovered this stuff and just want it all!! I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, and I no longer eat really unhealthily. I think today has just been a really weird day. I think I'm going to cut back alot but I still love it. I can't stand the full sugar coca cola!! Its far too sweet. But I love diet coke and coke zero!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Holy crap. That reminds me!

I went shopping on my lunch break and when I went to check out there was this woman already there paying. She kept saying "No, I want more" "How many can you give me?" She sounded like she was trying to score crack. LOL

I couldn't see her cart and had no idea what she was referring to. Finally she said "I was 40 cases!" So they gave her a raincheck. As she was walking out, I finally realized her cart was overflowing (literally!) with diet pepsi!

Now, I like a diet coke or whatnot but I thought to myself "She really must hate her kidneys!" Tad off topic but I had to share.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I pretty much gave it up since the caffeine was making me feel bizarre, and I felt that I was replacing water with it as well, which meant feeling dehydrated.

I really wish we had Crystal light etc in the UK, I love water but sometimes it's rather boring. We have bottles of flavored water but I find it hard to find the sugar free versions and they're not worth the 100 cals per bottle.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #7  

@Muffin: Thats a great story!! I swear if I don't cut back soon that could very well be me!!

And serendipty: I can't stand flavoured water. Its vile. And not worth it at all. I'd rather plain tap water!!

I got this stupid thing in my head today and its gonna sound like I'm crazy but I haveto ask.... Does it dye your insides? Cos its such a dark colour!!

***PLease don't mock me....I really can't bear the thought of browny black insides lol
Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalJess View Post
@Muffin: Thats a great story!! I swear if I don't cut back soon that could very well be me!!

And serendipty: I can't stand flavoured water. Its vile. And not worth it at all. I'd rather plain tap water!!

I got this stupid thing in my head today and its gonna sound like I'm crazy but I haveto ask.... Does it dye your insides? Cos its such a dark colour!!

***PLease don't mock me....I really can't bear the thought of browny black insides lol
I would think it more affects your colon/waste.

If you've ever had too much grape Crystal Light for example, the dye turns turns your poo green. True story!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

I too confess to being a diet popaholic.
In fact, I regularly drink 4-6 litres a day. I have recently cut back drastically. I found that diet pop played with my hunger hormones - I always felt hungry after drinking it. Now, I have a glass of water first, 1 glass of pop, and then another glass of water to balance it out. If I'm really thirsty, the water will take care of it. I can't stop cold turkey, but I'm going to make sure I work for the pop! Now I drink for true thirst, and I'm not always hungry either.
Someone once tried to scare me out of pop by saying that it turns to formeldahyde in your tummy. I just told them that I was being perfectly preserved/pickled form the inside out, and that I was planning on saving money on my embalment!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I drink one can of soda a day. When I started this journey I switched to caffeine free diet soda - what? Take out all the good stuff? I don't need to sugar (prefer it without anyway) and the caffeine makes me hungry. I just love the flavor, so my midday treat is one can. I never have more. The rest of the day I drink water and soon as it warms up, unsweetened, half herbal/half decaf black iced tea.

3 liters is excessive though... so try to treat it more like a treat - especially because of the caffeine.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

google uses for soda... I have tried a couple of the uses and so far it has worked better then draino and liquid plumber to declog drains as well as far better then any cleaning product to clean a disgusting tub and toilet... Ill drink it every once in awhile but i can imagine the havoc its causing my innards so its a rare treat
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #12  
Speechless and Redundant

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Oh god, I know exactly where you're coming from. For some reason I detest coke zero, but have an all-out addiction to diet pepsi. To make matters worse, I discovered those blue and pink diet mountain dews they sell now and am obsessed with them. I know how bad they are for me, but it's SUCH a hard thing to give up, as sometimes I depend on that sugar-free caffeine to keep me sane.
The joke around my house is that they're gonna have a diet-soda intervention for me. Also that if you cut into my veins, a brown cola-colored liquid would spurt out.
I just try to limit myself one or two a day, which is pretty bad, but I would and could drink 24 in a day if I didn't limit them.
clickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 251/251/198

Height: 183 cm

hello,
I think you should look at the ingredients, what's inside.
If you see cola as a drink to make thirst go away, that's bad.
If you drank that stuff, you eat while you actually drink.

It's better to drink teas or mineral water to quench thirst.

best wishes
xgaynicole1984x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I used to drink 2-3 litres of diet coke a day. I knew that it was bad for me, just like the smoking. I quit both May 25 2009. The blinding headaches from the sudden caffeine withdrawl really helped take my mind of of the effects of nicotine withdrawl-LOL. And yes it made me gain weight even faster for a while as I substitued other stuff for the pop and smokes (and I missed the fizziness of the soda). I now drink mostly water and herbal tea, and club soda, sometimes with a lemon or lime wedge- I love it for the fizz. When I tried a diet coke awhile ago I ended up pouring it out, it was revoltingly (is that a word??) sweet. Benefits?? No aspartame and the bad things it does to my body, no caffeine and the bad things that it does to my body, and believe it or not , the softest skin that I have had in years!!!!!!!!~

Last edited by Tea Granny; 04-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Hi I am jules 1216 and I am a Coca-cola addict...forget the zero and diet stuff...it's like giving an alcoholic a near-beer...I cant keep it in the house...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote