does anyone else hate sundays?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • i really just dislike sundays. i find them to be gloomy and sort of depressing. i don't like to really do too much on sundays, but i'm not even sure why (not in a "lazy sunday" kind of way, but... well, i don't know how to explain!) i like my job, but i guess anticipating the long week ahead contributes this sunday hatred.

how does everyone else feel about sunday?
  • Hmm...sounds you like need something to look forward to on Monday so you can stop hating Sundays. Or find something about Sunday you can look forward to.

The only reason I hate Sundays is because everything I've procrastinated on through the week shows itself on Sunday. I always intend to get all my household tasks finished on Saturday, but somehow I never manage it and then I have to do it on Sunday. So today I've already done a few loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, swept the floors and ran to the grocery store. I still need to get myself upstairs and do a little damage control up there. But all that's my own fault.

Sadly, or maybe it's a good thing, I look forward to going back to the gym on Monday morning, so Sundays actually seem a little slow to me.
  • They aren't the greatest day of the week, that's for sure. I used to really hate them when I was working 9-5. I had anxiety on Sunday evenings and had such a terrible time falling asleep. Now, I still dislike Sunday evenings but not nearly as much.
  • Not to go against the grain, but I love Sunday!!
    I'm home with my kids, we go to church, cook together, go out and do the fun things we don't have time for during the week, etc etc etc.

Now yes, theres lots of laundry to do but honestly I could care less. I live alone with my daughters and we still have clean clothes left so I don't stress lol.

The only downside to today is I just got my 30 day shred Dvd back and was going to start today but I just donated blood at church.... maybe not best to start 30ds right now. Oh well, i did a good thing!

Happy Sunday!!!
  • Sunday is my day to relax so I don't dread it or really look forward to it. It's just the day that I go off by myself, read, watch tv shows on hulu, meditate, surf the web, and just try and to destress and not think about anything really. I think we all need at least a few days a month like that otherwise we're bound to go a little nutty.
  • Nah....I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!

My usual Sunday morning starts with a great cup of coffee at about 4:30am then some computer time while I wait for the papers.....

then off to church to start my week being fed the WORD...

then pretty much some grocery shopping...baseball/football/basketball/NASCAR....yard duty....

or as we did today (since we went to church last night)....

take in 4 miles at the beach with my wife and golden retrievers then eat breakfast at one of the beach cafes...

I LOVE Sundays
  • I get the Sunday Night Blues after the grandboys go home..
  • Quote: I get the Sunday Night Blues after the grandboys go home..
    Aw JULES!...opposite here...I got the Sunday Afternoon HIGHS holding that new GRANDdaughter of mine....
  • Quote: Aw JULES!...opposite here...I got the Sunday Afternoon HIGHS holding that new GRANDdaughter of mine....
    Thanks! I watch the grandboys on Friday and Saturdays nights so they go home Sunday afternoons...I am so tired but yet so incredibly sad when they leave...
  • Quote: Thanks! I watch the grandboys on Friday and Saturdays nights so they go home Sunday afternoons...I am so tired but yet so incredibly sad when they leave...
    That's what Angie says about me when I am working out of town and only come home on the week-end!

Be good
  • Yep, The Sunday Night Blues. Then SNBs. I counteract them with cleaning, organzing for the week ahead and a good yoga class.
  • I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays. It's the only day of the week I have to catch up and get things done, so its generally busy around the house and running errands. But since I live alone and I'm totally single I don't have anyone to keep me company while I get stuff done. And I also have a hard time sleeping, I think in anticipation of a stressful Monday. I need to find something relaxing and fun to do on Sundays!
  • I like Sundays but if I find myself unoccupied my mind wanders dysthmically toward feeling bleak about the coming week. I always make a point to cram my Sundays full of socializing or shopping or somehow "productive" activities, because the idea of starting the week feeling like I wasted Sunday not doing what I want is enough to kick me out of the house.

Tuesdays are always very bleak and gloomy for me though. I work a regular M-F 9-5 office job and I think Tuesday's position between "back into routine, whew" Monday and "halfway there" Wednesday offers ample opportunity to feel doom and gloom.
  • I ♥ sundays too! I have meeting (church) in the morning, a bit of time to relax before work, and awsome shows on tv in the evening. Monday I close, so I can sleep in which is nice. Since I work retail, I don't have many sundays off so I don't care one way or another and no dread of monday either.
  • I like Sundays a lot more during football season.

Otherwise, I do find Sundays rather blecch. Stuff closes early, making me feel as though my options are too limited. I know that's silly because it's not like I'm out painting the town red or anything, but sometimes I take it into my head to shoe-shop at 8:00 in the evening, y'know?

Sundays are much nicer now that I don't work a 9-to-5 job, though.