General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Glad you had so much fun!! I live in Vancouver (BC) and our first big date (3 weeks) was at the Argosy harbour tour (a bit grandiose for a 3 week relationship). Is that what you did too?

Sounds promising! Hope #3 is great!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Glad you had so much fun!! I live in Vancouver (BC) and our first big date (3 weeks) was at the Argosy harbour tour (a bit grandiose for a 3 week relationship). Is that what you did too?

Sounds promising! Hope #3 is great!
Thanks! And it was the Argosy tour!!! It was a little funny cuz I think we were the only non-tourists there that day. We were both really happy it didn't rain. It's rained I think 45 of the last 49 days here! We're definitely living up to our rainy reputation.

I wish I could put the pic we took on the boat on here, but I haven't asked if he's cool with that and I took it with my real camera (not on my phone). And I don't have a computer to upload photos onto right now. I did show my brother/roommate the pic and he said, "Not to sound gay or anything, but he is a good looking man." Lol.
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #48  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

tatoodles that is so cool! Sounds like you are taking it slow and having fun.

Thats the best way. Just take your time and get to know each other.

Yes see if he'll let you show the pic!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 272 / 172.5 / 150

Height: 5'-9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoodles View Post
Oh man. Date number two was great. We met at one, went and got lunch, walked around downtown Seattle for a bit, went on a harbor tour (which was pretty cool). Got a quick bit of dinner and then saw an amazing improv show. After that we had a glass of wine at his place. We finally kissed but he said he wanted to take things slow and not mess anything up.

He said he definitely would like to see me again and called me last night so we could plan things. I was throwing out a few ideas and he said, "I'll do or go to anything you want. As long as you're there, I'll be happy." How stinkin' cute is that???!?!

I'm sooooo not used to a guy treating me this way and actually calling / showing interest in me. I've made a bad habit of being the pursuer, not the pursued. And using s*x to get guys to like me. I'm super happy right now and feel very lucky. =D
That's like 3 or 4 dates! Glad it was a good time!
manders01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by manders01 View Post
That's like 3 or 4 dates! Glad it was a good time!
I know! At the end of the day he said he was pretty surprised that's what I suggested but he said he had a great time. I'm just so awkward with dating. Also, most of the guys I've gone out with in the past were friends for a long time, so hanging out all day never seemed unusual. But I guess it is when you've only known someone for a little over a month and are going on your second date.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #51  

This thread just makes me smile all over ) So happy to hear that there are still good, respectable and responsible men out there. He sounds like a winner )
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #52  

Here's a pic of my dude. I still don't have a way to upload pics to my computer, so I had to take a picture with my phone of the picture on the camera (hence the fuzziness). I think he's very handsome.

(I was going to post a clearer pic but messed something up. Now I'm picture-less. I'll try to fix it later.)

Last edited by tattoodles; 04-25-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #53  
is chubby

He's hot! Way to go girl and... enjoy hehe
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Ooooh I am so jealous!! And SO excited for ya

Also... you give me hope that there are decent, kind, good looking men out there. hahaha

I'm the same as you, I've always just dated guys that I either knew from school, that were mutual friends, or were set-ups... I am patiently waiting for that first "legit date." Siiiigh. Keep us posted
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #55  

Thanks ladies! I think he's hot too. Our third date was great and, while we still haven't officially said we're bf/gf, we've both said we really like each other and want to continue spending time together. We're having dinner tonight.

And he suggested that we go on a mini road trip this Saturday to see the tulip festival we have here (it's just under a two hour drive one way). I'm trying to figure out how I got so lucky. I'm probably not going to post about every date, but thanks to everyone who's read so far.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #56  

Ah! More excitement! So for our trip he suggested I should pick out the music. That may not seem like a big deal but it's actually huge. I'm a bit of a music **** and even have been almost tantrum-y when I have to listen to music I dislike. For example, on a road trip to CA my mom put on U2 (whom I can't stand), I asked nicely for her to change it and when she didn't I spent the rest of the trip yelling at the top of my lungs "and I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR!!!" I know how ridiculous and immature that was and have been wwwaayyyyyyyy better about listening to other people's music. But I'm super psyched he asked me to take care of this part of our trip.

Also, he makes his own spaghetti sauce...from scratch. Not a can of tomato sauce that he adds a couple veggies and meat to but actually using fresh ingredients, cooking them up and putting it all together. There are few things I find more attractive than a man who can cook and eat healthily.

Apologies for all the gushing, but I'm pretty smitten right now.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #57  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Too perfect!!!!! He sounds like a great match, and the sauce thing is definitely an attractive selling point. I am the same way about the music and I'm so sorry you were forced to endure U2 on a road trip.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #58  

The trip was amazing! Oh man. He also said he's smitten with me (he actually used that word). And...we decided we want to be a couple!!! I don't know how I got so lucky. *sigh* I will do my best to not write everything on here, but I thought it would be good to let you know how it all turned out.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Yay! Congrats!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Oh, wow! Congrats!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote