General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Damp plastic bag molding?

I'm on vacation and keeping all of my stuff in a big freezer ziplock bag. I tend to put the wet stuff in there after I'm done, like my bath sponge, and seal it. Some of the soap has leaked and now the bag is developing a bit of a smell...could it be mold? What should I do? My Clarisonic smells like it too (the bristles that I use to wash my face) so is there any way I can salvage that? I don't want to have to buy a replacement brush head...I took it out of the bag. If I wash it with soap and hot water and let it air dry should it be okay? I don't want my face to break out.

Last edited by Linsy; 03-25-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'd say it's just mildew....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i agree- likely mildew. i'd use some hydrogen peroxide or in a pinch some mouthwash to rinse the bristles and if it's at all possible let your bath sponge and stuff dry off before tossing them in the bag.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Probably mildew, it happens with damp things. Let everything dry before you toss it in a bag, or if you must put it in wet make sure it gets out of there as soon as possible!
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote